Link to Plan B posted at CSB

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Sean

Re: Link to Plan B posted at CSB

Post by Sean »

Hen, you have nothing to apologise for chuck.

Everybody here knows what your intentions were. I hope that you don't feel any responsibility for what happened...
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I guess not.

I am still getting over being mental about the link being given out.

And I'll get over that after I have this love drop of red that has appeared before me.

:D
Bah!

tyro

Post by tyro »

The answer to unwanted intrusions always was to ignore the intruder. Somehow that doesn’t come to pass as first one and then others break the silence, usually in a span of minutes of calling for “Russ”.

So the question is, “Are we up to the task of ignoring unwanted attention?”

I would like to second (or third as the case may be) the idea that we should stop taking part in any of the gone nasty threads at the CSB. That is Don’t even post a pleasant thought in one, just read and move on. At this stage, even a nice word could be seen as a shot in some way.

Also, if we want their respect to leave us alone, we need to be squeaky clean on that count ourselves. So, post onto others as you would have them post unto thee.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Tyro, I've been making that point for years, and its been falling on deaf ears for years, with every possible excuse/rationale under the sun from those who chose not to follow that advice. It will be interesting to see what happens here - I'm not sure I'd take bets either way.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

At the very least it looks like here we have the tools to do so. That and so far much to their credit they haven't registered.

SO this may well be much do about nothing.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Miles

Post by Miles »

Crackpot wrote:At the very least it looks like here we have the tools to do so. That and so far much to their credit they haven't registered.

SO this may well be much do about nothing.
Unfortunately I honestly think that Steve will not be able to resist the urge to come here and try to stir the pot. It may take some time but eventually he will come especially if/when the CSB hits bottom.
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The past few days have seen posts at CSB largely engaged just by Steve and Guy, with some contribution from a few others. CSB has jumped the shark. I agree that we will likely soon see Steve here trying to stir things up. I suspect Guy will not come here unless invited.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I disagree.

tyro

Post by tyro »

The past few days have seen posts at CSB largely engaged just by Steve and Guy, with some contribution from a few others. CSB has jumped the shark
After something like ten years of calling the CSB “home”, it does hurt a bit to watch it falter. I too noticed the number of posters whose names appear in the “last Post by” list was down to five or so. Much fewer if you only look at recent posts.

It’s a bit like that Star Trek movie where they scuttle the Enterprise and we see it plummet.

It isn’t that I think the CSB is about to die, but it has been hit with the biggest challenge ever and no one left there seems concerned. Most express their satisfaction.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Rick

Post by Rick »

This will be the last I post on this matter or any matter concerning that board.

I made many friends there most are here now.

From Tyro:
It isn’t that I think the CSB is about to die, but it has been hit with the biggest challenge ever and no one left there seems concerned. Most express their satisfaction.
By this I'm "guessing" you mean those still there.

If so to me that is what hurts most.

I will say I hold no animosity towards anyone left there, but based on a comment by one that I've actually had a conversation with.I will not miss it either. I will not DE-REGISTER I'm still registered on Darwin but I doubt I will ever post there again same as at Darwin.

I've turned the corner...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I PMed Kiko to ask her why she did it.

Naturally her reason was that it was all my fault. (So very reminiscent of ed and Steve it was uncanny.) After telling me it was all my fault she posted the link because of the snickering that was going on the CSB, she then hoped I would understand.

Wow Kiko. You really, really really have Stockholm Syndrome don't you. Hope you enjoy you stay in Sweden.
Bah!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm sorry if folks think I did the wrong thing by inviting her here. I invited a lot of people that appeared to be reasonably sane. I purposefully invited some people (like dales) with whom I disagree on a lot of things, but who are usually capable of remaining civil (which is more than I can say for myself a lot of the time). I purposefully did not invite some people with whom I often agree, but who are batty as loons.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

No worries at all Scoot. When I saw you had invited her I thought "Uh-oh". But as she had been a good friend of mine previously I didn't think she would be such a cow.

I was sorely wrong about that. I am glad she won't be registering here because she would automatically go on my ignore button.

I note from the CSB stats that 95 posts have happened during today's posting. Only 16 of them weren't made by ed Steve or Gwen. That is certainly a change from recent times. It is good to see that my leaving is increasing ed's output
Bah!

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

Scooter wrote:I'm sorry if folks think I did the wrong thing by inviting her here. I invited a lot of people that appeared to be reasonably sane. I purposefully invited some people (like dales) with whom I disagree on a lot of things, but who are usually capable of remaining civil (which is more than I can say for myself a lot of the time). I purposefully did not invite some people with whom I often agree, but who are batty as loons.

You invited Kiko? I keeeeeeeell you!

I invited buckets of people who I hoped had set the PM's to email them since most of them had not been to the CSB in a while, years in some cases. It seems to have worked with a few.

Kiko is one of those really sad little people, like Steve, who is not particularly bright and therefore will lap up any praise from someone that she believes to be "smart". It is likely the only source of praise she gets in life. :baa

I, on the other hand, should not have launched a neener brigade over there but was unable to resist. I will try some restraint in the future.

Miles

Post by Miles »

I am really rather sad at the thought of the demise of the CSB. All of us here remember better times there. What was once a thriving community is now fast becoming a ghost town. That is a sad,sad reality. While it is true that the CSB has become a kind of cesspool of it's former self I still can't help but morn for it. I have always valued the friendships that I developed there, most of which have migrated here. I thank those who created this new place for us, once again nomads of the internet, to find a haven where we can hopefully build a new community where fun and civility can reign.

CSB, if it is in the cards, RIP, if not good luck.
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I held my courtship on the CSB. I got married on the CSB.

It's place in my heart runs very deep indeed.
Bah!

Timster

Post by Timster »

@meric@nwom@n wrote:
Scooter wrote:I'm sorry if folks think I did the wrong thing by inviting her here. I invited a lot of people that appeared to be reasonably sane. I purposefully invited some people (like dales) with whom I disagree on a lot of things, but who are usually capable of remaining civil (which is more than I can say for myself a lot of the time). I purposefully did not invite some people with whom I often agree, but who are batty as loons.

You invited Kiko? I keeeeeeeell you!

I invited buckets of people who I hoped had set the PM's to email them since most of them had not been to the CSB in a while, years in some cases. It seems to have worked with a few.

Kiko is one of those really sad little people, like Steve, who is not particularly bright and therefore will lap up any praise from someone that she believes to be "smart". It is likely the only source of praise she gets in life. :baa

I, on the other hand, should not have launched a neener brigade over there but was unable to resist. I will try some restraint in the future.
Thank you for my LOL moment of the day AW. I really appreciate your honesty in fessing up to a weakness that I am only barely able to resist.

Oh, and the reference to Achmed the dead terrorist? Priceless! *Huge Grin!*

Silence! I Keeeeeeel You! :ok
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I will find it easy to show restraint, apart from the occasional correction to the record if they keep bringing me up.

I am certainly feeling a lot more happier than when I am not posting there. I like not feeling uncomfortable when I open topics and not have to worry about what crap I would find posted about myself, my husband or my family.
Bah!

Timster

Post by Timster »

The Hen wrote:I held my courtship on the CSB. I got married on the CSB.

It's place in my heart runs very deep indeed.

On a more serious note... I am so sorry Hen. You and I have talked about how we both wanted to get the CSB back on track.

Tis a bloody pity that we could not achieve that goal. It really is a shame. But not on us! ok? You did your best.

We tried. And were denied. Fine. Whatever.

I want to extend my warmest thanks to you and Taff for making this alternative available. You folks are awesome.

And I would be remiss if I did not mention how much I appreciate Tyro for his support here (which in some worlds could be seen as tratorous..tratious...Trat.. fuck it, you know what I mean.)

And last but not by Any means least; I would like to thank Reality Bytes for her unflinching and dedicated support for this new forum. WOW.

You kick ass love. And I miss you lots. :ok
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

People make the place Hen especially in cyberville. And friends you have in spades