Denniz d'Menniz

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Denniz d'Menniz

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Guinevere wrote:We are all contributing to a basket for Dennis' ICE - who is tasked with cleaning up his apartment. Anyone who would like to contribute a few dollars, the link is here: https://www.crowdrise.com/dennizdmenniz ... r/suetrone
What the heck?  Guinevere posts this at 2:51 PM, but I'm already at work.  I get home from work at 11:00 PM, find this, and go to the link to toss a little something into the collection and find out it's closed already?

Keep me in mind if anything else is being done.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Fafhrd

Post by Fafhrd »

I knew Denniz on Le Chat House (which I thought of as la Maison Chat, which translates differently), and also found him on Facebook under his real name. It's sad that he was so alone at the end.

Anyway, I asked and was directed here. I may have been here at some other time, but I think that my current registration will hold me. I see a number of names I remember from before!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Welcome fafhrd can I offer you a vowel?

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

The latest - from Dennis' emergency contact last night (so the burial is today, 12/9):
Dennis is to be buried tomorrow morning at 8:30 am in the Oakwood Cemetary near Greenefield Illinois. That's a pretty early time but I and an old co-worker of Dennis plan on attending. Luckily the weather tomorrow morning is going to be pretty good for around here in December.
I'm frankly surprised that they called off the search for next of kin so soon. I'm wondering whether some other instructions were found. But I'm glad he isn't in limbo, anyway.

RIP, Dennis.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

kristina

Post by kristina »

RIP, Denniz.

MG McAnick

Post by MG McAnick »

According to the map, that cemetery is on highway 267, the same one that Dennis was killed on in Green county IL. Are we to infer that he is being buried there at the county's expense due to the inability to find any next of kin? Or did the next of kin simply say they weren't interested?

This situation keeps getting sadder and sadder.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

We have no facts to infer anything, only speculation.

I spoke with a client of mine who is a Chief of Police, and he thought the state would hold the body for along time while they searched for next of kin. It could be, as I said above, some instructions were found that left decisions to John Schwartz (either because there is definitively no kin, or Dennis didn't want them making any decisions) and this is what he decided.

I've reached out to John privately on two different mediums to thank him, and I may ask why, but then again, its a done deal (and he has not responded to me, other than in public on Facebook).
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké