[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Plan B Forum • View topic - Where's Lord Jim?

Where's Lord Jim?

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.

Re: Where's Lord Jim?

Postby TPFKA@W » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Good grief Jim, sorry to hear the news. Make sure you flirt with your nurses, they love it when old geezers come on to them. Use that call light a lot, the aids will love you for it. After all, they are just sitting out there playing cards.

But seriously, hope you quickly get back to the top of your game.
osculum mihi asinum
TPFKA@W

Postby Big RR » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Let me add my best wishes as well; it's never fun to be ill, and you look like you have your share of it recently. Hang in there and get well, and back here, soon; it's just not the same without you.
Big RR

Postby Lord Jim » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Many thanks for all the good wishes...

I'm now resting up, the procedure to remove the clot was incredibly effective. the leg swelling had gone down by half within the first 24 hours and is now barely noticeable. (It had swollen up to nearly twice normal size) I'm able to walk around and bend the leg just about normally. (My surgeon used a kind of high tech mechanical procedure to pull out the clot rather than the standard method of squirting it with a high powered blood thinner) he also put in a stent to keep the passage open. (I will also be on Eliquis for a while)

As I mentioned I have some other internal issues (I'll talk more about that later, after I've rested up a bit more...)

In the meantime I'm posting a new article in "Politics"...
Lord Jim

Postby BoSoxGal » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:06 pm

:hug: Welcome home! :hug:
@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest shithole in the world! ~ Vicente Fox Quesada

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States, IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives December 18, 2019.
BoSoxGal

Postby Scooter » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Glad you're on the mend, listen to your doctors and your wife, who I'm sure is far more sensible than you.
Scooter

Where's Lord Jim?

Postby RayThom » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Welcome back, LJ.
“I have lived in this world long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time."  
RayThom

Postby Joe Guy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:06 am

Good to see you back, Jim. Get well soon.
Joe Guy

Postby MajGenl.Meade » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:24 am

Couldn't do anything about the swelling of the head, eh?

:lol: :shock:

Seriously - great news, glad you're back.
The world is full of shitty things that should never have happened. Look at Sean Hanitty.
"The Road to Little Dribbling" - Bill Bryson
MajGenl.Meade

Postby Gob » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:34 am

Missed all the fun, BAH!!

Hey Jim, we're lucky they didn't fully remove the clot, we love you around here!!
Gob

Postby liberty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 pm

I am glad you are ok Jim. There are a lot worse people than you around here; at least you have honor and a sense of fairness.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.
liberty

Where's Lord Jim?

Postby RayThom » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:27 pm

“I have lived in this world long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time."  
RayThom

Postby liberty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:09 pm

I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.
liberty

Postby Long Run » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:31 am

Great to have you back, Jim.
Long Run

Postby Lord Jim » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:52 am

Thanks again folks.
Lord Jim

Postby dales » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 am

This old dump hasn't been the same without you.

Remember if they Rx a "blood thinner" it'll prolly be Warfarin which is actually rat poison.

Cheers :lol:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato
dales

Postby wesw » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:09 am

aspirin and jim beam.
give me liberty or give me death.

patrick henry

(insert satirical cartoon of mohamet here)
wesw

Postby Lord Jim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:45 am

Lord Jim

Postby BoSoxGal » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 am

@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest shithole in the world! ~ Vicente Fox Quesada

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States, IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives December 18, 2019.
BoSoxGal

Where's Lord Jim?

Postby RayThom » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:24 am

RayThom

Postby wesw » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:51 am

?
give me liberty or give me death.

patrick henry

(insert satirical cartoon of mohamet here)
wesw

PreviousNext

Return to News & Suggestions