Go us! Go Us!!

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Gob

Go us! Go Us!!

Post by Gob »

We've breached the 1000 post mark, and have over 30 members!

Not bad for a board that I thought would die on its arse in the first week.

Big thanks to Reality Bytes for being the saviour of the board, and Hen for encourageing me to get it up.*.

I promise to try to learn to admin, as long as you twats promise to keep posting.

Love

Taff

* way ahead of you, don't even bother...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Re: Go us! Go Us!!

Post by The Hen »

You sound so much like the G-Man in the early days it is uncanny.

Many many thanks RB.

You have made an old man etc, etc.

:D
Bah!

Reality Bytes

Post by Reality Bytes »

It's my pleasure guys honestly and regardless of the fate of t'other place I hope that this board continues to flourish it has a great atmosphere & already feels like home - I love that!
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Not bad for a board that I thought would die on its arse in the first week
Oh ye of little wotsit...

Seriously though, it's great to see it thriving and long may it continue! 8-)
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Reality Bytes wrote:It's my pleasure guys honestly and regardless of the fate of t'other place I hope that this board continues to flourish it has a great atmosphere & already feels like home - I love that!
Agreed! I have continued to read over there, but not sure how much longer - too much nastiness and coming here instead has lowered my stress level and given me what I'd always hoped for from the other place, a nice distraction from work/life with fun, laughs, and some serious discussion about issues.

Thanks again to Gob & Hen for getting this up and running, and to those of you helping to make it work. You all rock! :D
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you build it, they will come."

I think it's evident just how much folks were needing a new place to hang their hats.

Thanks to those who put the effort into create it and continue to put the effort into maintaining it.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Rick

Post by Rick »

Scooter wrote:"If you build it, they will come."

I think it's evident just how much folks were needing a new place to hang their hats.

Thanks to those who put the effort into create it and continue to put the effort into maintaining it.
I resemble those feelings...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Scooter wrote:"If you build it, they will come."

Ha!

I was quoting that line to Gob only the other day when he was shocked at the number of members.

:D

It was built because we needed a place to hang our own hats. They kept getting dumped onto the floor elsewhere.
Bah!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Is dales aware of this place?

What about Jarlaxle?

Any news on Lord Jim?

Where's jay? :beat

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Dales is a member. NO word on Lord Jim.

If I haven't invited Jarlaxle, I should have. Dew wanna have the honors?
Bah!

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Did the Grim One and Jarl.
Bah!

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Did Bones, Gimcrack and Schmell should they log in.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

All good!

So, how long before this place descends into a screaming bitchfest? Who'll be first to crack?

Me, I suppose...

:dig :look :arg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Miles

Post by Miles »

Personally I have found a new home and I will do anything I can to help keep this place going. :D
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

I plan to mind my p's and q's here better than I did at the old place.

That being said my hope here is that the administration will consider that perhaps we should never say never to banning people. Using the old place as a model one can see that saying never means there is no means to stop someone who is bent on destroying the board through nasty, obnoxious behavior. I don't believe, by any means that a banning should take place without due consideration but I do think we need the ability to vote someone "off the island" as it were.

We really don't want this place run in the ground like the previous place do we? :shock:

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I am more than happy to consider never saying never.

I certainly do not want this to be CSB Mark II, I'd rather it was just plain ol' Plan B and we make up the rules as we potter along.

I would hate for some posters to join here and just bring crud to the Board as some kind of recompense.
Bah!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Should we have some sort of hint or memo in the sign up, to the effect of "leave any CSB based shit at that forum please"?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

No, people who are completely new don't need to be exposed to that shit, even peripherally.

Honestly, I don't think any of the usual subjects will care to be here where they don't control everything, and I think they would be perfectly happy if the CSB devolved into being just the 3 or 4 of them talking to each other.

I have also wondered about whether there should be some sort of provision to vote people off the island, but I am concerned about where that might lead, and it doesn't solve anything unless you're gonna start blocking IP addresses, etc. Let's all make a concerted effort to ignore the idiots, regardless of provenance, and for lack of an audience they will eventually get bored.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Fair comments Scoot.