THANK YOU RB!!

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Guinevere

THANK YOU RB!!

Post by Guinevere »

As of today, nine refugees from Le Chat have successfully registered at Plan B. "Successful" meaning, they register, their registration gets lost among the spam bots, they post to me on Le Chat, I PM RB, she searches them out and approves them, and the I post back on Le Chat letting them know they're good to go.

All your work in helping our old/new friends make the jump over here is truly appreciated, lady.

Beers are on me!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

TPFKA@W

Re: THANK YOU RB!!

Post by TPFKA@W »

Kind of her indeed. Are there more to come or can we raise the draw bridge?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I think you should leave the drawbridge down for now.  Methuselah from the old Car Talk board apparently is involved in a Facebook-based group with some of the old-timers.  He sent messages to some of us inviting us to the Facebook site; but since there are those (like yours truly) who refuse to get trapped in the cesspool/quicksand pit that Facebook can be we duly told him and his cohorts about this place.  So there may be some old ex-pats and trickle-ins coming from there as well.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill wrote:I think you should leave the drawbridge down for now.  Methuselah from the old Car Talk board apparently is involved in a Facebook-based group with some of the old-timers.  He sent messages to some of us inviting us to the Facebook site; but since there are those (like yours truly) who refuse to get trapped in the cesspool/quicksand pit that Facebook can be we duly told him and his cohorts about this place.  So there may be some old ex-pats and trickle-ins coming from there as well.
-"BB"-
T'would be grand indeed if they did come because we need new blood here, even if it is all Geritol fortified blood.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Now if we could only locate jay and SIA, things would finally get back to normal....

Reality Bytes

Post by Reality Bytes »

Thanks Guin happy to help :D
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

MG McAnick

Post by MG McAnick »

Thanks Guin and Reality Bytes.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Joe Guy wrote:Now if we could only locate jay and SIA, things would finally get back to normal....
:o :funee:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Again I ask, "Have they been properly vetted? Anyone check their past facebook postings? Are they on the no fly list? Has any of their neighbors bought guns for them? Does their moms know what they are up to?".
:shrug :mrgreen:

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

oldr_n_wsr wrote:Again I ask, "Have they been properly vetted? Anyone check their past facebook postings? Are they on the no fly list? Has any of their neighbors bought guns for them? Does their moms know what they are up to?".
:shrug :mrgreen:

I plan on taking them all to the vet at their earliest inconvenience.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Yes! All of the LCH immigrants should be required to have at least two vaccinations. One is for the Locaccocol virus and the other for the Dipquadtheria. The Locaccocol vaccine (for women only) is to stop a person from blaming all of her problems on someone else while turning every thread into one about herself. The Dipquadtheria shot can kill the virus that causes a big fat-assed liar to claim to have an important government job and believing that Van Halen is the most influential guitarist ever in the world.

I've had all of my vaccines and other than feeling a bit autistic, I'm just fine.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Many many thanks to R-B and Daisy, without them this place would not function at all.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I call BS on any gender-specific vaccines - those behaviors are equally represented among men who post online!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Gob wrote:Many many thanks to R-B and Daisy, without them this place would not function at all.
Very true...

And as you have demonstrated by your absence over the past several weeks, without you...

this place nevertheless functions quite well... :nana
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

bigskygal wrote:I call BS on any gender-specific vaccines - those behaviors are equally represented among men who post online!
They haven't perfected the Locacoccal vaccine for men yet. In sample dosages they have used on men it has made them less needy but it also turned them gay. Until they isolate and remove the ingredient that makes them gay they're just giving that vaccine to women.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I can think of a male poster in rather desperate need of that vaccine, and if becoming gay is a consequence then it would have the added benefit of broadening his choice of reading material outside of the Murdoch family of publications.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:Yes! All of the LCH immigrants should be required to have at least two vaccinations. One is for the Locaccocol virus and the other for the Dipquadtheria. The Locaccocol vaccine (for women only) is to stop a person from blaming all of her problems on someone else while turning every thread into one about herself. The Dipquadtheria shot can kill the virus that causes a big fat-assed liar to claim to have an important government job and believing that Van Halen is the most influential guitarist ever in the world.

I've had all of my vaccines and other than feeling a bit autistic, I'm just fine.

I have spent the last several years developing an immunity to dipquadtheria.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lostone

Post by Lostone »

I have been properly vetted.

I've been to one vet after another.

Even tho I played Just a Dog in last week's show, most say I'm more of a cat. :?
You still can't argue with a dream.
or
Gravity . . . It's not just a concept. It's the LAW!

MG McAnick

Post by MG McAnick »

I took my spotted cat, Spotted Cat, to the vet just a couple of weeks ago. Does that count?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I categorically reject that kit and caboodle as a reasonable substitution. Purrhaps you should just get in the carrier on the appointed day.