wes, we want you back

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
RayThom

wes, we want you back

Post by RayThom »

Crackpot wrote:Sock puppets don’t count.
Sock puppet??? Well... I never... I can always go somewhere else, but then you'd be stuck having to take my place.

Look at me as the guy who makes you appear almost genius-like. You can thank me later.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Re: wes, we want you back

Post by Lord Jim »

(I wanted to respond to this, but I didn't want to do it in the Saudi Arabia thread, since that is a discussion about a very important unfolding news story and I didn't want to derail it. This thread looks like the appropriate place to respond, so I'm reposting it here.)
BoSoxGal wrote:...This is why I can’t get on board with the ‘wesw is amusing and provokes discussion’ line of bullshit. He is not intelligent, he has no critical thinking skills and is rather a complete apologist for a dangerous man. He wraps himself in hokey hokum and you guys eat it up. I find that abominable, and I’m not sure which bothers me more - that sheep like wesw exist, or that good men do nothing about condemning him.

Where is the line?
I was a little taken aback at this (which I assume must be at least in part aimed at me, since I'm the one who pointed out that his posts stimulate discussion)...

I can't speak for anyone else (though I can say from my reading on this board that I don't see many folks here giving wes anything like a "free pass" on the Trumpanzee BS he posts) but I am at a total loss to understand how anyone could get the impression that I have been doing " nothing about condemning him."...

I don't think there's been anyone here who has been more in wes's face than myself. Every time I have caught him posting delusional and/or dishonest crap related to Trump, I have not only called him on it, but thrown the proof showing that what he has said is delusional and/or dishonest right in his face. Whenever he posts some shiny object diversion crap I'm there to tell him I know exactly what he's trying to do. I've called him out repeatedly for his hypocrisy on things like claiming to care about the Constitution and specifically The Bill Of Rights, when his own posts show he has little-to-no regard for or understanding of either...

Most recently, I posted telling him that by virtue of being a Trumpanzee he had no moral authority or credibility to post on a whole host of subjects...

And on and on and on...

To say I've done nothing about condemning wes, or that I' "eat up" the garbage he posts, is simply not at all supported by the record. A quick post search easily proves that's completely inaccurate. There are at least dozens of examples showing the opposite to be true. (The one thing I haven't done, and wont do, is attack members of wes' family, because they are not participants here and I don't feel that would be appropriate.)

There's a huge amount of space between wanting somebody to stop posting here and not condemning them or "eating up" their crap. Not favoring the former in no way makes one automatically guilty of the latter.

I stand by both what I said regarding his posting here and I stand by every one of the numerous condemnations and criticisms of him that I have posted as well.
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Although wes has never been accused (at least by me) of being a deep thinker, I do read his posts. Although he is often misogynistic and homophobic in his posts - and therefore, unless it's all some sort of weird performance art, in his life - he does occasionally show signs of intelligence. More importantly, I don't have a lot of Trump supporters in my daily life (deo gracias or al hamdulillah if you are of a religious bent) and I'd like to understand how these people think - I am of course using the word loosely. I want to see a Democrat who believes in rationality back in the White House which means that, at some point, we will have to convince some wes-ites to vote accordingly. I don't much care whether they vote that way because they see it is in their own specific interests to do so, or whether they understand that the greater good of humankind at the family, village, city, region, country or the world level (we all draw our lines in different places) depends on it.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sorry LJ, but I don’t see it that way. You all go round and round with wesw over the same points as nauseaum. And it’s nauseating, at least to me and likely to others who have left or given up on participating here.

Smart moderate Republicans with deep concern about the future of this country under Trump and his GOP apologists should be making serious efforts toward influencing people who can be influenced rather than amusing themselves playing with ignorant sheep on the Internet. It’s like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I know, I’m a bitch, a cunt, no fun at all anymore. I don’t see much to be having fun about these days. I guess I’ve lost all patience for the boys being boys club.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

well, I just noticed this thread, and I must say that at first blush, I m blushing.

thanks guys.

I must say that andy has got it ALL wrong.

are you sure that you are british"

the BRITISH understand satire and subtle humour, you therefor must be foreign.

my humour is soooo subtle that it sometimes is not even funny.

I hate to be elitist, but sooome people.....

RayThom

wes, we want you back

Post by RayThom »

Like dog shit on a ripple-sole shoe... it's hard to get rid of.

Maybe a bigger Popsicle stick would work.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

wesw wrote:
my humour is soooo subtle that it sometimes is not even funny.
See that's what I mean when I say that he sometimes shows signs of intelligence. I cannot disagree with that remark.

wesw

Post by wesw »

has gotten.

damned grammar.....

;)

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:well, I just noticed this thread
Sure, that's why you posted in it 16 times, because you never noticed it before.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

I don't apologize for wes. I ignore him.

Unfortunately I know more like him IRL.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey guys.

I ain t going away mad, I m just going away for a while.

uncle drew inspired me.

you miss 100 per cent of the shots that you don t take.

and trump...., you just can t quit.

I ve spent too much time feeling sorry for myself and sitting on my ass..., and drinking.

I have things to do. not sure what but I m gonna build something, or catch something, or grow something.

hopefully all of the above

I appreciate the conversation

maybe I ll stop by after the election, just to gloat a bit.

maybe not.

I woulda left sooner but guin pissed me off so I stayed to show my ass for a bit.

ya ll never met anyone like me , huh?

I ll see ya ll on the flip side.

smiles for everyone...., except scooter.....

love

wes

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

So I take it that would be a "no" on signing up for the grief counseling session, BSG? 8-)
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:I have things to do. not sure what but I m gonna build something,
Ding-a-ling Donny still hasn't put up that wall yet....
or grow something,
like a brain, or a backbone, or a sense of morality?
or catch something.
I'll be nice and let that one go by this time....  but holy shit, wes!!  Don't ever leave me an opening like that again!

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

wes, we want to see your back

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:... or catch something...
(I got this.)

Like a drug resistant strain of STDs.

liberty

Post by liberty »

BoSoxGal wrote:Sorry LJ, but I don’t see it that way. You all go round and round with wesw over the same points as nauseaum. And it’s nauseating, at least to me and likely to others who have left or given up on participating here.

Smart moderate Republicans with deep concern about the future of this country under Trump and his GOP apologists should be making serious efforts toward influencing people who can be influenced rather than amusing themselves playing with ignorant sheep on the Internet. It’s like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I know, I’m a bitch, a cunt, no fun at all anymore. I don’t see much to be having fun about these days. I guess I’ve lost all patience for the boys being boys club.
You know you are probably are going to die early if you don’t find some way to deal with your stress.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Re: wes, we want to see your back

Post by liberty »

RayThom wrote:
wesw wrote:... or catch something...
(I got this.)

Like a drug resistant strain of STDs.
[/quot

No, that is grease’s expertise! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

He hasn't gone anywhere, he was here lurking yesterday if not more recently.

The spending all his time drinking thing explains a lot.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

So much for staying away until after the midterms.

-- Author unknown