wes, we want you back

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Scooter

wes, we want you back

Post by Scooter »

There's been so much fodder for commentary in just the last week or so, but it isn't the same without being able to read your contorted attempts to rationalize them.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Re: wes, we want you back

Post by BoSoxGal »

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Be careful what you ask for; you might just get it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Maybe I can find him. Give me some time. I need to eat my mushrooms first....:mrgreen:

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Maybe it's reached the point that even he can't bring himself to defend it...
ImageImageImage

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

That would mean he had self respect
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

liberty

Post by liberty »

They want you back Wes as their Monkey; to sing and dance to their tune and to catch peanuts for their amusement. Even when you are wrong it is better to be your own man than to submit to others. Don’t worry about this place Wes; if one does the best one can that is all an individual needs to do to feel good about one's self. Don’t let these people tear you down you are just as valuable as human being as any of these monkeys. I am only speaking of the ass holes here. Checkout US message board.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

we got you for that
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:They want you back Wes as their Monkey; to sing and dance to their tune and to catch peanuts for their amusement.
But he did it so well..... and we didn't even have to train him!!
liberty wrote:Even when you are wrong it is better to be your own man than to submit to others.
Yeah, right.  Listen to the Smothers Brothers do their version of "Impossible Dream (The Quest)" from "The Man of La Mancha" and then tell me that again.  This time try to keep a straight face.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Crackpot wrote:we got you for that
That shows what kind of person you are; the type that harasses the animals at the zoo and picks on the little kids. I have never understood that kind of thinking. How is that fun?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

[quote="Bicycle Bill
liberty wrote:Even when you are wrong it is better to be your own man than to submit to others.
Yeah, right.  Listen to the Smothers Brothers do their version of "Impossible Dream (The Quest)" from "The Man of La Mancha" and then tell me that again.  This time try to keep a straight face.
-"BB"-[/quote]

I am not sure the point you are trying to make so let me say it again like this: It is better to do your own thinking and occasionally be wrong than to be someone else’s parrot.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Look who's talking, the man incapable of doing anything but parrotting whatever he hears or reads that reinforces his own prejudices:

"Europeans don't eat corn, because some dumbass I met in the army told me."
"Canadians hate Americans, because some idiot who created a website rife with factual errors says so."
"18th century Africans didn't ride horses, because a discussion board purporting to debunk the 'Afrocentric worldview' says so."

And so on, and so on, and so on.

Everything you post is "something I heard somewhere" or "something I read somewhere" (the latter only from sources published in comic book format) because, lacking the brain cells that God gave a brussel sprout, you are completely incapable of independent thought.

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
I am not sure the point you are trying to make so let me say it again like this: It is better to do your own thinking and occasionally be wrong than to be someone else’s parrot.
It is all well and good to be your own man and to stand to your guns and occasionally be wrong.... when there is at least a possibility that you are correct and/or justified.  But when you are the only person who thinks that 2+2=5 or that the grass is blue and the sky is green, or you're standing in front of a sign saying "Welcome to New York" but you stubbornly insist that you are actually in California, then you do not look like a person dedicated to his principles.  Instead, you come off looking like a horse's ass.
-"BB"-

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
liberty wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote: I am not sure the point you are trying to make so let me say it again like this: It is better to do your own thinking and occasionally be wrong than to be someone else’s parrot.
It is all well and good to be your own man and to stand to your guns and occasionally be wrong.... when there is at least a possibility that you are correct and/or justified.  But when you are the only person who thinks that 2+2=5 or that the grass is blue and the sky is green, or you're standing in front of a sign saying "Welcome to New York" but you stubbornly insist that you are actually in California, then you do not look like a person dedicated to his principles.  Instead, you come off looking like a horse's ass.
-"BB"-
I have been wrong, but in a environment like this board I am not worried about it; there is no down side, Ii doesn’t effect my pay check or GPA. In real life, I would be much more cautious. So, here you get the real me all laid out in the open for you to see, well for the most part; I am not going to talk about my sex life. My wife would kill me.

I have no problem with being wrong and will even admit it unless some scooter a-hole makes an issue of it. But I am not going to say I am wrong just because it is someone’s opinion I am wrong no matter how far outside of the mainstream my opinion might be. My opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s.

For example, I think I am the only one in America that believes the Russians would beat the US in a war in the Artic. I know that we look good on paper, but the same was true in Vietnam and Iraq. If we can’t deal countries like Vietnam, Iraq, what in gods name makes you think we handle the Russians. Trump is right we better make nice, because there is little else we can do at the moment at least overtly.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

liberty wrote:My opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s.
First, not all opinions are valid. That's bullshit. If I were of the opinion that all religious expression should be outlawed, that would be beyond the pale. No one is obliged to accept that opinion as valid. So no, you don't get to declare that others must assign any validity to your racist and bigoted opinions.

Second, you have a habit, when you are called out on the bullshit assertions that you make, of taking refuge in calling them "opinions". A bullshit statement like, "most Puerto Ricans support independence", when referendums have shown support for independence to be in the range of 5-6%, does not magically become justifiable just because you decide to label it as "opinion".

Third, you always claim that you have no problem admitting when you are wrong, but you rarely do, even when the evidence showing how very wrong you are is shoved right your nose.

And you are too much of a snivelling cowardly lying weasel to attempt to refute any of this.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And look who appears with Pavlovian precision.

-- Author unknown

RayThom

wes, we want you back

Post by RayThom »

Scooter wrote:And look who appears with Pavlovian precision.
See what happens when the wes whistle is blown? Now you're stuck feeding him.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

He has shown himself capable of making a complete jackass of himself without any outside help. I just have fun enjoying the show

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

wesw

Post by wesw »

I am glad that scooter picked a tag line that accurately reflects the reality of the muslim problem