So proud

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: So proud

Post by Econoline »

Congratulations, Hatch! Well done, all 3 of you. :ok
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal wrote:

Is she still planning to become a doctor?
We don't know. She's having a break at the moment, following the stresses of completing her (First Class) honours.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

MY thanks to you all, she's a great kid, and deserves every plaudit.

Oh, and as I type this, her, her partner, and Hen are boarding a plane in Sydney. Destination, Heathrow.

I collect them at 5.30 pm tomorrow, for a five week break in damp and rainy Cornwall. (After the bushfires, that will be a big relief.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Apparently they are turning the M4 into a smart motorway with lots of closures this week. With Election Day, traffic could be a bugger.

Many congrats to Hatch. My little girl - seems like only a couple of years ago I could still carry her up the stairs to bed - finishes her second Master's degree in a few days. Zero student debt. I hope that the world, for my Alex and your Hatch, turns out better than I fear.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Well said Andy Mate, and thanks!!

RayThom

So proud

Post by RayThom »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:... Zero student debt.
I only wish. With much debt already taken care of my daughter is still facing a $50K note.

Her long range plan is to have it paid off before retirement.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

We had a student fund plan for Hatch, she should be fine.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Just bragging again, but I've just found out that Hatch has been awarded the
"Dean's Excellence Award 2021"
for her MSc studies, by the Dean of the university's faculty of health.

(Oh, and Hen lands in the UK 2 weeks today!!!)

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Thank you for pulling this thread back near the top. Your bragging is entirely appropriate.

My mood was improved by the reminder of RayThom. I miss him. Even my cat would miss him, if I had a cat.

snailgate

Gob

Post by Gob »

Cheers BP, we're over the moon. Hatch seems to be taking to academia so well. We're thinking she may become Dr Hatch sometime in the not too distant future.

Also, it'll be 21 months and 6 days apart when Hen lands, that will be some reunion!!

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Congratulations to all of you, and especially soon-to-be Dr Hatch.
GAH!