What happened to Plan B? (Begging bowl time)

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Scooter

Re: What happened to Plan B? (Begging bowl time)

Post by Scooter »

Did you notice the only person who felt the need to post publicly about their contribution is the guy who never had any intention of making one?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

What happened to Plan B? (Begging bowl time)

Post by RayThom »

Econoline wrote:Let it go. wes knows, and Gob knows, and really...nobody else needs to know. Fuggittaboutit. :shrug
At this point I agree. I'm better off knowing that wes doesn't feel it's worth his while to keep things going in this forum.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m living in the poverty zone and don’t pay property tax these days, but that doesn’t mean I don’t treasure the library that I use regularly.

An ability to pay isn’t an accurate measure of one’s value, or value of others/things.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I would never suggest that it does, and I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons that Gob asks to be contacted by PM about contributing is so that people aren't required to publicly announce their intentions one way or the other. I just resent the show of pretending to want to support the site while having no intention of doing so, while those who are actually paying the freight have never thought it necessary to boast about doing so.

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

No one, and I mean no one, should be shamed over an inability to pay, whether it be financial or technology related. I am quite certain that there are those on board who will happily pick up the tab when others cannot. Even drunken-assed Trump supporters, or panzie-assed, uptight liberals need love.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

TPFKA@W wrote:No one, and I mean no one, should be shamed over an inability to pay, whether it be financial or technology related. I am quite certain that there are those on board who will happily pick up the tab when others cannot. Even drunken-assed Trump supporters, or panzie-assed, uptight liberals need love.
Well hello there, Sweet Pea!
GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

TPFKA@W wrote:No one, and I mean no one, should be shamed over an inability to pay, whether it be financial or technology related. I am quite certain that there are those on board who will happily pick up the tab when others cannot. Even drunken-assed Trump supporters, or panzie-assed, uptight liberals need love.
For the umpteenth time, I am not making any judgment about anyone who is unable, or is simply uninterested, in contributing; that is their choice and I have nothing to say about it. I have never made it my business to even speculate in my own mind on who may or may not be contributing. What I am taking issue with here, because I have NEVER seen it happen before, is someone who is publicly virtue signalling while having no intention of following through, and even worse, trying to justify himself by putting the blame on Gob for not sending him an engraved invitation to contribute.

I'm not sure who he imagined would be fooled by this little comedy, when even the village idiot could see through his act.

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

wes has been sent the pay-pal address.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Thanks for the continuing contributions, it shows how much people value this place,
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

What’s the balance of contributions to date, Gob? Is the bill reimbursed now, or how much is still needed? I don’t want to be perceived as not valuing the place, so I’ll make some budget adjustments and kick in if you’re still out of pocket. If however you’re now just banking toward next year’s bill, I’d prefer to express my value of this place then, instead.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If you are salting something away towards next year's bill, let us know.  And if you get enough, can you pay the hosting fees in advance?  Just in case — God forbid! — something happens to you or Hen (I think that was your nickname for your frau), it would be comforting to know the rent's paid ahead a year or so to allow some time for someone else to decide to step forward to fill your shoes.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Thanks for the interest. We're there or thereabouts.

wesw

Post by wesw »

I feel badly about not contributing to the forum, as of yet, and so I will try to refrain from commenting until I do do my part to sustain this site.

also, while I m being honest, I will say that this site just blows my mind. wow.

I probably will not contribute, in the end, because it just doesn t feel right to assist in the future here.

that being said, I do acknowledge some debt from the past.

tough tittie, I guess....

to quote George (asshole) thorgoode....

"she s hollerin' about the front rent, she be lucky to get any back rent"

"she ain t gonna get none of it..., and down the streets I go..."

anyway, I might send a bob or two, I don t know....

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:I feel badly about not contributing to the forum, as of yet, and so I will try to refrain from commenting until I do do my part to sustain this site.
Another promise that didn't last long.

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

reading comprehension isn t your strong point, eh?

....that isn t fair really.

you aren t stupid, just dishonest to your rotten, rotten core.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

If you're prepared to say outright that you have contributed, wes, then I will take you at your word and say nothing more about it.

I would not presume to make it my business in any other case except yours, precisely because you have made such a show of your intention to contribute, without ever following through.

If you refuse to say one way or another, then I consider myself completely justified in pointing out the hypocrisy that you demonstrate by posting after you barely got over saying that you wouldn't unless and until you contribute.

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

don t try being reasonable, it doesn t suit you.

slobbering venom spewing vileness is your forte.....

talk about someones mother s twat or their daughter s vagina....,

maybe a wart covered penis or asshole.....

how about chancres!!!!!!!!!

yeah!!!!!!

go with chancres!!!!!!

wesw

Post by wesw »

...and by the way...,

what goes on in a vagina it DEFINITELY NOT your business....

:lol:

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey!!!

go with BABY KILLING!!!!!!!

that ll win ya fans.....

maybe eating a few will help your complexion!!!!!!