Where's Lord Jim?

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Joe Guy

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by Joe Guy »

Did I miss him say he was going on vacation or something? Did he run away when the Reagan/Nixon tape was released? Anyway, I always read his posts for fair and balanced political reporting and his witty responses to others... or something like that. And I always appreciate the check he sends me when I say things like that about him.

I'm just checking to see if anyone knows he's okay. I notice wesw isn't around either. I've always suspected the two are one and the same.

Long Run

Re: Where's Lord Jim?

Post by Long Run »

I'm thinking he was so excited to get to Boomtown that he forgot to turn out the lights, or to say ttfn.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He does usually let us know he’s going to be gone - but as lovely as he is, he’s not perfect. Hope they’re enjoying a wonderful vacation!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by RayThom »

Long Run wrote:I'm thinking he was so excited to get to Boomtown that he forgot to turn out the lights, or to say ttfn.
Wasn't Boomtown last month?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

a lot of the deep staters have been sent to Gitmo, on the downlow......

I ll do all I can to talk them out of torture, but if I do that they are likely to just take them out back and shoot them...

...damned if you do, and damned if you don t...

:shrug

8-)

RayThom

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by RayThom »

Would that be "Wes World?"
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I am concerned. It's over two weeks since he last posted.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Ditto. I was concerned a little before this thread started.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Someone needs to email or call him, please. (I would, but I’ve misplaced his contact info - we communicated offboard some years ago but I can’t locate the info.)

I’m sure he’s been in touch with Gob or others offboard too; please someone let’s check to make sure he’s ok.

eta: Found his contact info and sent an email inquiry; I’ll share ASAP when I hear back.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

With permission from Jim I’m sharing his reply email:
Hi Karla,

I'm in the hospital, I came in because I had a swollen leg which turned out to be the result of a blood clot in a vein in the upper most part of the leg near the abdomen. It turns out I have some additional internal issues that I've been getting tests and treatments for, (nothing imminently life threatening.) I'm having a procedure to get rid of the clot today, and should be home probably Thursday. (I'm receiving really excellent medical care.with UCSF Med Center.)

Sorry to disappear so suddenly, I'll give more details when I'm out and about.

If you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you go ahead and copy and paste that for me on the board, for anyone else who might be curious or concerned.as to what is up with me. Thanks.

Thanks,

Jim H.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Thanks for reaching out to him. Please pass along all our best wishes for his recovery.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What Scooter wrote . . . well done.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Thanks BSG. I hate to describe it as great news, but it is. All the best from me too.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Thanks BSG, for checking. Hope he has a quick recovery.

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah...., I feel bad for my post.

get well , old son....

...plenty of time for gitmo later.

8-)

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I took the liberty of speaking on behalf of all of us in wishing him a very speedy recovery and a quick return to contributing to the conversation here.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by RayThom »

The BAD news... by the location mentioned it sounds like DVT that required major monitoring.

The GOOD news... he'll not be meeting his creator, Joseph Conrad, too soon. YAY!

He also mentions a release by Thursday. No doubt the worst is over.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Thanks BSG. It sounds quite serious. I'm glad he went in to get checked.

If you communicate with him again, tell him I'm going to set up a GoFundMe account for him so he can buy one of those, 'Help, I've fallen and I can't get up' thingies... :D

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Thanks for doing the legwork (fingerwork?) BSG, or I guess maybe it was Jim with the legwork. In any event, so glad to hear Jim is getting the medical attention he needs and is on the mend. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
GAH!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Also me too with the best wishes for the speedy recovery.

And Joe, I suspect you've got only until he's out of the hospital—just a few days—to remove mention of that GoFundMe (or at least change the object of the fund to be a bottle of good Scotch) unless you want to wind up in the hospital yourself for the removal of that thingee from a painful and inconvenient insertion site... Just sayin'

(MUST NOT MENTION MEDICARE OR AARP...MUST NOT MENTION MEDICARE OR AARP...MUST NOT MENTION MEDICARE OR AARP...) 8-)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God