I've had my fill of wes

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
ex-khobar Andy

I've had my fill of wes

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I think I've, on the whole, been fairly supportive of wes in that I want to hear his opinions and he (despite his best efforts to prove the contrary) is reasonably alive and, dare I say it, intelligent. (How are we ever going to defeat Trump and, more important, his ideas if we don't understand the people who vote for him? They are not all, to coin a phrase, from the ranks of the deplorables. I learn something from wes.) But there comes a point at which the persona and the person become confused, and I'm beyond that point now. I know Scooter is quite capable of taking care of himself, but wes's moronic attacks on Scooter are too much for me. So I've put wes on 'ignore.'

I quite expect wes to give less than a fuck. Unfortunately I shall never know.

Scooter

Re: I've had my fill of wes

Post by Scooter »

wes is my daily entertainment. Just when I think he couldn't possibly sound any more stupid, he manages to surprise me.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

my attacks 0n 00ter?

:lol:

y0u have nthing t0 say when he makes the m0st vulgar c0mments abut me , my m0ther, my daughter and my better half, 0r when he speaks s vilely ab0ut lib s daughter???

aren t y0u just s0 n0ble?

y0u were right ab0ut 0ne thing th0ugh.....

willfully ign0rant is what y0u are andy, and that is much w0rse than plain 0ld ignorant.

I c0uld nt care less if he sucks a dick.

I dn t like militant types 0f any bent.

speaking 0f bent.......

sc00ter!

8-)

wesw

Post by wesw »

and andy....

I cme here t0 freely express myself.

I d0n t c0mment anywhere else0n the internet.

this is the 0ne place that free speech and th0ught is all0wed.

I c0me here t0 rage against the machine and t0 make clever c0mments that will be underst00d by at least s0me 0f y0u.

I c0me t0 educate Y0U.

if y0u take me t00 seri0usly then that is y0ur mistake

I am a happy warri0r

I am the d0n quixte f plan B

20 against 0ne.

fair 0dds

the 0nly 0ther likeminded persn here...., 0ldr n wsr was run 0ff by the PC m0b

the gay mafia

me? I dn t give a fuck

y0u can t hurt me

but y0u can lift me up, as y0u have d0ne, fr0m time t0 time.

and I thank y0u

ch00se y0ur battles, man, sc00ter isn t w0rth y0ur eff0rt

I really d0n t care if s0me0ne is gay.

I w0n t say t00 much, but use y0ur imaginati0n......

sc00ter is evil.

d0n t defend him.

wesw

Post by wesw »

the funny thing is, andy, that while I disagree with yu ab0ut m0st things political, I am sure that y0u and I w0uld surely get al0ng in real life....

...I like t0 learn t00.

meade, 0n the 0ther hand, wh0m I agree with0n mst issues political , I wuldn t have much use f0r...., t00 judgemental, y0u kn0w?

what really pisses me 0ff ab0ut meade is that he lumps me in with liberty.

I can t remember even 0ne thing that I agreed with lib 0n.....

I sh0uld just ign0re sc00ter, but I am weak.

unf0rtunately, y0u w0n t read any 0f this....

:roll:

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Just to let you know ex-kA, I don't know either.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I wish Scooter would broaden his entertainment sources; maybe if everyone here ignored wesw, he would get bored and go away again.

He must be some kind of glutton for punishment, because he’d clearly be much more among likeminded company at someplace like USmessageboard.

eta: I consider the foes feature here to be something of a bliss button; the only thing that would make it better would be if it made the person’s posts invisible so you could almost imagine they didn’t even exist. Other forums do that and it’s total bliss to be able to nearly erase an offensive poster from existence.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:I think I've, on the whole, been fairly supportive of wes in that I want to hear his opinions and he (despite his best efforts to prove the contrary) is reasonably alive and, dare I say it, intelligent. (How are we ever going to defeat Trump and, more important, his ideas if we don't understand the people who vote for him? They are not all, to coin a phrase, from the ranks of the deplorables. I learn something from wes.) But there comes a point at which the persona and the person become confused, and I'm beyond that point now. I know Scooter is quite capable of taking care of himself, but wes's moronic attacks on Scooter are too much for me. So I've put wes on 'ignore.'

I quite expect wes to give less than a fuck. Unfortunately I shall never know.
ex-KA, I think you're being too hard on the poor guy.  Is it fair to criticize the lowly turtle because it will never be a magnificent eagle?

It's the same with wes.  Be kind.  Just remember:

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You’ve had enough of him so you dedicate a thread to him?! You didn’t think this through did you?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

This looks like an excellent spot for another Dr. Demento classic...

One of Weird Al Yankovic's ...

(Al first got his start by sending in tapes to Dr. D's show; his really stuff just featured him and his accordion...)

ImageImageImage

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

0ldr n wsr was run 0ff by the PC m0b
Not that I recall; oldr just tired of the atmosphere here and decided to leave. So long as he was here, he presented and defended his positions well (whether I agreed with them or not) and rarely stooped to the personal attacks that some here do. Indeed, I don't think any person, or mob, could run him off, or make him stay for that matter. He was a lot stronger than that, but why stay somewhere where it's no longer fun or enjoyable to post? He left of his own free will.

wesw

Post by wesw »

maybe y0u are right RR,but it seemed t0me that peple that he had been friends with f0r years turned n him because 0f wh0 he vted fr.

s0rry f0r the p00r typing, but I can t swing a new computer at present, and I d0n tlike editing my p0sts...., 0r my th0ughts 0r my 0pini0ns

wesw

Post by wesw »

crackp0t, y0u made me laugh 0ut l0ud.

funniest thing that I ve heard all week.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

it seemed t0me that peple that he had been friends with f0r years turned n him because 0f wh0 he vted fr.
I don't know who you're referring to, but there is no one on this board who has been more anti-Trump then I have, and I had a very good relationship with oldr.

Of course he never accused me of being a Nazi, or a communist, or called me an Antifa supporter, or said that my failure to support Trump's wall meant that I didn't care if drugs were being sold to school children...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah, jim

we have bth been less than gentlemanly t0wards each 0thers, haven t we?

maybe we sh0uld each ap0l0gize t0 the 0ther?

and while y0u may n0t have turned 0n 0ldr, y0ur attitude t0wards me certainly changed, i d0n t remember every slight, i m n0t big 0n grudges,

but y0u and 0thers with wh0m i was friendly were certainly less than kind t0 me as well.

0f c0urse that sc00ter persn was a dickhead right fr0m the git....

y0u are what y0u eat! (just t piss andy 0ff....)

:nana

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You began your interactions with me by telling baldfaced lies about what you claimed I had said (and you did the same to at least five other people). In response you got nothing more from me than you deserved, and you have been playing pity the poor victim over it ever since. And here you are, playing the victim again. Colour me completely unsurprised.

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

wes--calling Trump an asshole is not the same as calling you an asshole, and saying you made a stupid (or whatever) choice is not the same as saying you are stupid. I think most people here adhere to that distinction (and believe oldr understood it and did as well), even though some, for various reasons, do not). As i recall, oldr jut said he didn't have the time or desire to deal with all the negative vibe here; I take him at his word.

and, fWIW, it's up to each of us to determine whether we will respond to a post in kind, or respond at all.

wesw

Post by wesw »

aww, did penel0pe get her wittle feelings hurt?

what g0es 0n in my uterus is n0ne 0f y0ur business!!!! (wes exclaims lispily, with his arms akimb0)

he is n0t Y0UR president!

I m here and I m queer!!!!

d0wn with h0tpants!!!!!

g0ddess save the queen!!!!!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

When you present a distorted version of the record, I am happy to correct it. That's all.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:he is n0t Y0UR president!
A fact for which I will be eternally thankful.

-- Author unknown