Important Update.

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Gob

Re: Important Update.

Post by Gob »

There is now sufficient cash pledged for me to risk commissioning the work.

My thanks to all who have messaged me with their generous offers.

Thanks to those who would like to donate, but do not have electronic transfer availability, I hope you can sort it out.

Thanks to those who have already sent me money, before I actually requested it.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your kindness.

Here we go....
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Best wishes RayThom, we are all pulling for you.

Thanks for the update Gob.

wesw

Post by wesw »

well fuck.

I m never likely t0 try t0 figure 0ut paypal.

and I always seem t0 be 0n the verge 0f leaving, r getting thr0wn 0ut 0f , this l0vely place...

plus, n0 0ne likes me.....

but still, if any0ne has a P.0. b0x, and is willing t0 transfer m0ney t0 g0b, s0meh0w, I w0uld like t0 d0nate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I just sent you a PM with my p.o. box address. I copied it to Gob so you couldn't deny getting it. When can I expect to receive something to pass on to Gob?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Important Update

Post by RayThom »

I'm not particularly concerned at this point -- no treatment has been fully defined.

Besides, my crack medical team is working with me every step of the way.

Here's the latest photo of them figuring out my options.

Chemo or surgery? Regardless, Dr. Moe told me not to buy any green bananas.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

l0rd jesus....

any0ne else have a P0 b0x?

I am N0t dealing with sc00ter.

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom wrote:Gob, when you consider my past performance you know I'm good for a contribution that exceeds what you expect of the members.
That is true
However, and at the moment, I have been diagnosed with a particularly aggressive form of stomach cancer. I am currently in the process of determining the depth and breadth of of the tumor(s) and the treatment options that I may, or may not, have.
Our commiserations and best wishes, aka "thoughts and prayers". There's nowt else we can offer i'm afraid.
Once I get a more definitive prognosis -- a survival time factor -- I'll pitch in accordingly. You know I'm good for it, just be patience.
Why do I have to be Patience? I want to be Emma.
My unwavering belief in secular humanism has been quite comforting in these time of distress and uncertainty.

Life is good. Peace.
Peace on you too ;-)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

wesw wrote:l0rd jesus....

Chickenshit cowardly wanker...

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:l0rd jesus....

You don't have to "deal" with me at all. Just put something in an envelope, affix postage, and mail it. And if you do, you will get the satisfaction of having me publicly admit how wrong I was, and what a stand up guy you are for contributing.

If you don't, you can expect a "reminder" to follow every single post you make.

And nothing that will bounce, please. Because I will make that public too.

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

funny,s0me pe0ple make the rudest c0mments abut my family, fr0m a th0usand miles away and y0u call me c0wardly?

wanker?

well, 0K, y0u g0t me there....

h0w ab0ut nevermind.

y0u can fuck 0ff, g0b.

wesw

Post by wesw »

...and 0K, I ll mail the disgusting little magg0t a few bucks in a c0uple 0f weeks.

I w0n t have it until then.

and there w0n t be a return address 0r any dna 0n the stamp.

it will be cash and I will write G0B 0n the bills in Sharpie.

feel free t0 rem0ve me at y0ur pleasure, G0b.

and did I menti0n, fuck 0ff?

wesw

Post by wesw »

y0u may want t0 wait a bit , th0, 0r I w0n t have access t0 my
messages t0 get the P0 b0x.

0r n0t. I d0n t care.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Question for Gob - in what currency do you wish to receive the funds? PayPal defaults (for me) to pounds as the currency in which you will receive the money. But you have quoted a cost in dollars (U.S. presumably), is that the currency in which you will be making the payment? Because it will save foreign exchange fees twice for most people to send it that way.

wes, you can I suppose hang on any excuse not to make good on your alleged desire to contribute, or you can show us all up for being wrong about you. Your choice.

And I just sent you my full real name (as Gob can attest), so it you wanted to make some trouble for me, which I wouldn't put past you, you certainly could. But I did it because I believe that Gob should not be out of pocket on this venture, and I am tired of you virtue signalling and not following through.

Your move.

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

RayThom wrote:Gob, when you consider my past performance you know I'm good for a contribution that exceeds what you expect of the members.

However, and at the moment, I have been diagnosed with a particularly aggressive form of stomach cancer. I am currently in the process of determining the depth and breadth of of the tumor(s) and the treatment options that I may, or may not, have.

Once I get a more definitive prognosis -- a survival time factor -- I'll pitch in accordingly. You know I'm good for it, just be patience.

My unwavering belief in secular humanism has been quite comforting in these time of distress and uncertainty.

Life is good. Peace.
Geez, guy, I am sorry to hear that I hope you beat it I will pray for you. I have empathy for your situation both my brother and my best friend had cancer. Do what your doctor says, stay as positive as you can and never give up. And I will pray.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Gob, or someone else in the know, please post or PM the paypal addy again. TIA

wesw

Post by wesw »

alright.

I d0n t want y0ur name, y0u will fake s0me abuse.

I have n0t and will n0t check my messages.

this will be my last p0st 0n this b0ard.

g0b set my passw0rd s0 I supp0se he c0uld verify this if he wished.

I w0n t deal with sc00ter anym0re, I believe that he w0uld destry me, just f0r spite. 0r fun.

and ray, I am s0rry t0 hear ab0ut y0ur pr0blems, even th0 y0u have unap0l0etically wished me dead.

get well jim.

bye j0e

what w0uld jesus d0?

well he w0uld call a viper a viper, w0uldn t he?

he w0uld march his ass right up t0 the temple and raise all kinds 0f hell w0uldn t he?

v0te trump.

he is 0ur assh0le.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bye, Felicia!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Anyone want to take bets on how long his "absence" will last this time?

But if he really means to leave, had I known that all it would take would be to tell him my real name, I would have done it years ago.

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:roll: The fact that wes feels it more important to insult Scooter than to help support the board's survival says a lot.

Wes — if you really DO want to contribute some money to PlanB, send me a PM with your email address and I will email you my name and home address; then you can send me a check or money order (or even cash, if you prefer) and I'll send the amount to Gob via PayPal (and if there are any currency conversion or other fees, I will pay those myself).
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Wesw, I'm writing this post for two reasons. One reason is so I can use the phrase, "If I were you" (to get the conspiracy theorists interest) and the other is to make a more serious point.

If I were you I wouldn't leave. My serious point is that I think you aren't a bad guy. You're just taking this place too seriously and should loosen up and quit the personal attacks. My experience with the group here is that generally speaking, most people will treat you with the same amount of respect that you give them. We can all disagree but we don't have to hate each other for not agreeing with each other.

Anyway, FWIW, I'm going to post this quickly before I decide not to post this.