Trouble sending PMs

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
liberty

Trouble sending PMs

Post by liberty »

Why do I have so much trouble sending PMs? I do a submit but the message sits in the outbox instead of going to send. I have had this problem for a long time but it has gotten worse lately. I currently have three copies of the same message sitting in my outbox. Sometimes sending multiple copies of a message will do the trick.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

RayThom

Trouble sending PMs

Post by RayThom »

liberty wrote:Why do I have so much trouble sending PMs? I do a submit but the message sits in the outbox instead of going to send. I have had this problem for a long time but it has gotten worse lately. I currently have three copies of the same message sitting in my outbox. Sometimes sending multiple copies of a message will do the trick.
I'm not sure but I think the most likely acronym for the problem may be PEBKAC
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Re: Trouble sending PMs

Post by Scooter »

The message will sit in your Outbox until the recipient opens it, at which point it will show in your Sent folder.

So perhaps your real problem is that whomever you are messaging has no interest in reading what you have to say.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Gob

Post by Gob »

Scooter has it. If the person you PM does not open the PM, then it sits in your outbox.

Some of us include a "I've sent you a PM" message in a post that the recipient is participating in, just to alert them.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”