RayThom back in hospital

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Guinevere

Re: RayThom back in hospital

Post by Guinevere »

I’m so very sorry to read about this. Ray and I had our issues, but I always wished him well and despite the grim outlook, I was sure he would pull through — he was one hell of a fighter.

My condolences to his family and especially his daughter who he loved so much and so well.

RIP RayThom. Hope you and LJ are having a good debate upstairs.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I read the news here this Sunday Morning. it tore me up. I have lost my adult son and my wife of 57 years in the last 12 months. Covid19 has the good people of Delaware who care about each other in masks whenever we leave home. And we never hug, not even grandchildren if we have been separated for a few days. Why do I lose my friends now? I NEED I NEED ! In my pain I become selfish and inwardly focused.

But I also know the only way I can kick this depression is to make new friends, become important to others by serving them in ways that We can interact.
Right now that seems impossible.

Ray, I miss you. I wish I had a cat to shoot with a water gun in your honor.

snailgate. In a time of plague where the calendar seems to move at snail pace.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Ray, if you can read this, say Hello to Llovable Lloyd Tietsworth for me. I know you would enjoy each other's discourse.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:hug: Hey snailgate :hug:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Snail Gate, I am so so sorry for your losses. Please find ways to interact with people as much as you can. We are here for you too.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Ray's daughter Chelsea gave me this link to his 'memory page.' I know she will appreciate memories of her dad,

http://www.obits.org/memorials/7501-ray ... /memories#

Hit the 'Memory Book' tab, and go from there.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Message left on the board, many thanks for the link Andy.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Damn; too many are passing on. Rest in Peace Ray.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Damn, Damn, Damn.
RIP RayThom. He helped with my sobriety and I am saddened by his passing. He was a good person.
Thank you RayThom, for your wisdom and for being you.