Sorry about the downtime.

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Gob

Sorry about the downtime.

Post by Gob »

I got hold of them and....

DreamHost Customer Support Team
14:12 (17 minutes ago)
to me

Hello,

Our sincerest apologies for the service disruption and we greatly appreciate your patience with this matter!

We understand how important sites are to you, and we apologize that in this case we weren’t able to meet the high standards for service you’ve come to expect from us.

Our operations team noticed your MySQL server was unresponsive and required a reboot.

To help prevent this type of event from happening in the future, we will be doing a full internal investigation of this issue, working to thoroughly determine the root cause and the scope of its impact.

Please reply to this message if you’re still experiencing an issue.

Sincerely,
The DreamHost Support Team
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Re: Sorry about the downtime.

Post by Crackpot »

I’ve noticed they frequently have downtime at 7am local time. Usually doesn’t last more than 5 minutes. This morning was longer than most. I was just about to pester you about it when it came back up
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

BigRR had an outage recently too, I wonder if he can confirm what time.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Whatever the cause, it looks like Meade has the solution in his spam folder.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

No outage today so far as I have seen; I think my previous outages had to do with my modem (it's getting old and I need to replace it), but I was disconnected for several days last week; I could connect to many other sites but not this one. I thought it was a general outage for the site and followed up with Gob who said there was no such outage. I rebooted my modem and ran some connectivity diagnostics and then was able to connect.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I recognized it as the downtime because 7:00 was the time after getting into work, logging in and getting breakfast I would catch up on my reading.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Long Run wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:46 pm
Whatever the cause, it looks like Meade has the solution in his spam folder.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts