Remembering a Friend. Happy Birthday Jim...

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Joe Guy

Remembering a Friend. Happy Birthday Jim...

Post by Joe Guy »

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Remembering a Friend. Happy Birthday Jim...

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I believe in heaven, and I dare say this guy's got himself a comfy seat from which to watch the shitshow that the 2020 campaign has become.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Bon Appetit, Jim.

This was one of his favorite places in The City.
SF institution House of Prime Rib reopens Thursday, adds 1,600+ reservations in 2 hours

Blair Heagerty / SFGate

After nearly seven months of temporary closure, House of Prime Rib makes its long-awaited return to the San Francisco dining scene on Thursday under the city's 25% indoor dining allowance.

The restaurant began taking reservations on OpenTable again on Monday afternoon, and in just the first couple hours back on the platform, more than 1,600 tables were booked.

"We are booking really fast, but the booking goes all the way out to January, so there are a lot of future reservations as well," owner Joe Betz told SFGATE.

There was but one other S.F. restaurant that had booked more than 100 reservations on Monday.

Since announcing on Facebook last week that HOPR was getting close to reopening their doors, Betz said the restaurant has received more than 100 calls a day and has enlisted a two-man team to call everyone back.

House of Prime Rib will reopen its dining room for the first time in nearly seven months on Thursday.
House of Prime Rib will reopen its dining room for the first time in nearly seven months on Thursday.

Blair Heagerty / SFGate
"I did apologize to people in advance," Betz said. "Right now, it’s uncharted territory, and I just told them if I can’t take care of you with your reservation, please forgive me. It’s unfortunately the situation, but the safety of customers and employees is the main thing."

For those who did score a coveted reservation at the cult favorite, things will look a little different come Thursday. There will be partitions between booths, the rolling meat carving stations will be situated in the middle of each of their dining rooms, and everyone will get temperature checks before entering. There will also be three seatings a night — each with no more than 68 total people at a time to meet the 25% indoor dining capacity restrictions — and they'll all enjoy a new hospital-grade ventilation system that cost Betz and Co. nearly $10,000.

While much has changed, there will still be plenty of familiar faces: Betz said 95% of his employees are back, including all of his meat carvers.

Betz admitted that the restaurant — and the restaurant industry in general — has a long way to go, but it's a positive step in the right direction for the Bay Area institution.

"Let me put it this way," Betz said. "At 25% capacity, you will not be making any money. But there's an old saying: 'Out of sight, out of mind.' We h

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

Happy Birthday Jim mate.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

All the best Jim; I'm sure you know you are missed.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I really do miss having Jim around. May his memory be a blessing for us all.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

These last months without Jim have been nearly unbearable.

Happy birthday Jim.
4FEE01CC-7998-4373-99BF-16ABACF68612.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan