Spammers galore

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Scooter

Spammers galore

Post by Scooter »

Have reported many posts to admin.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Methuselah

Re: Spammers galore

Post by Methuselah »

Have the Admins ever replied to you? Do you have any evidence that your input was ever responded to with some kind of action? It's hard to know for sure, but my educated guess is that the posts to Admin are not assigned to any one of the Admins, and they just fall between the cracks. You can find a listing of the admins icon is at the bottom of the main page. I wonder how many are still active.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Gob is around here all the time; Daisy, sometimes, but often missing for long stretches; Reality Bytes is AFAIK usually too busy IRL unless Gob specifically needs her help; tyro? I didn't remember that he was ever an admin here. You're probably right about responses from the admins, but members can usually get in touch with Gob, Daisy, or RB via PM (or Facebook, if you know who they are).

Oh, and hi there, Methuselah! Long time no see. Hope you find it comfortable here.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

Hopefully changing back the registration system will get rid of them. I'll delete any residual posts.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

Gob, did change back the registration to the way it didn't work before, or does the change allow newbies trying to register to reach you via the "Contact Us" icon?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Any relation?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

dales

Post by dales »

That's what I was thinking.

RIP: Sean Connery

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato