To BSG

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Methuselah

To BSG

Post by Methuselah »

“Post by BoSoxGal » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:14 pm
That’s your answer Methuselah - new posters are only going to have a chance to join here if they know somebody who already posts here.

So as to your comments upon joining, while you’re certainly very welcome, being you’re an octogenarian you will likely not change the trend toward dying that this board has been on for years now.”

BSG That handle is too awkard. I hearby rename you. Dear Miss Andry. That kind of limitation will spell the rapid death of this board. Perhaps I should rename you to Miss Ageism. Us old guys are allowed to make suggestions. Whether they are accepted is up to the wisdom of the recipients.

Joe Guy

Re: To BSG

Post by Joe Guy »

Methuselah wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 am
BSG That handle is too awkard. I hearby rename you. Dear Miss Andry. That kind of limitation will spell the rapid death of this board. Perhaps I should rename you to Miss Ageism. Us old guys are allowed to make suggestions. Whether they are accepted is up to the wisdom of the recipients.
Miss Andry is a good suggestion. But staying with the 'BSG' theme she has used for many years, I'd like to suggest Bitter Spiteful Gal.
BSG has the ability and thoughtfulness to add positive input to this board but she also has a mean streak. All the rest of us are always perfect gentlemen and women...

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I think her motives are misscuntshrewed.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I thought her remark was quite amusing - trend toward dying indeed! Bitter/sweet
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Ok, call me whatever the duck you want I don’t care. But I hardly see how it’s misandry (do you even know what that word means?) to point out that the board has been steadily losing active members for years and new ones aren’t joining.

I’m not at all ageist, as I work with and love the elderly and am fast approaching that category myself - and I’m the second youngest person who posts here while well into my middle age. That’s my simple point.

Now do please carry on telling everyone how things should be here and mislabeling us as you see fit.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Methuselah wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 am
I hearby rename you. Dear Miss Andry. That kind of limitation will spell the rapid death of this board. Perhaps I should rename you to Miss Ageism. Us old guys are allowed to make suggestions. Whether they are accepted is up to the wisdom of the recipients.
At one time, I suggested this one for her, and even provided her with a suggested avatar.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

I love Millie Tant! (I once screwed a lookalike!)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Gob wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:31 am
I love Millie Tant! (I once screwed a lookalike!)
You are Wayne Rooney and I claim my £5.

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Looking at and reading this thread, I am expect this forum/board to die before I do.

snailgate.