I guess it's news. I'm a statistic.

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Joe Guy

Re: I guess it's news. I'm a statistic.

Post by Joe Guy »

It's great to hear that you're doing better, MG.

Get weller soon....

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Thanks for the update and I am very glad to hear the good news.

dales

Post by dales »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 am

Get weller soon....
A soldering gun?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:ok :ok
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

dales wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:57 am
Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 am

Get weller soon....

A soldering gun?
Wen?

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:ok Wow, not just a status report but a GREAT NEWS status report. Hang in there, MGM...here's hoping things continue to look better and better—for both you and Mrs Mc.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

Nice one mate
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Great news, MGM.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I am so happy and grateful to read this MGM. Now be good, and safe, and heal the rest of the way.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I'm back on the 02, but minimally.. There is some liquid outside of my lungs that doesn't belong there. The Dr had a name it but I forget what she called it. The good news is she thinks they may kick me out of here Monday. (Now Fri 11/20/2020.)
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Pleurisy? Sounds like it, and commonly associated with viral infection including covid19.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

What skills should we polish?
The thing that terrifies me most about Covid19 is the social isolation of being in the hospital with no visitors allowed. I made some disparaging remarks about people our age being expected to use Apple iPhones, but I’m impressed by how well you are typing many posts with your thumbs to keep in contact with others. I’d better start practicing more on my iPhone in case I become one of those patients. Have you stuck to iPhone only, MGM, or were you allowed to bring in a laptop to save wear and tear on your thumbs?
I suspect your iPhone has been a great comfort to you for the in face capability, or whatever it’s called, that allows you to see the people you talk with, and the view of their kids. It also gives you something to do in those long hours of isolation. How about a primer on iPhone skills one should polish to be ready for a hospital bed in a quarantined ward? Do you have time to work on that before you are released to the world? Will you still be quarantined at home? I hope not, there must be lots of people you’d like to visit with then. Thuse
PS: In a hospital complex where my son worked for a while he couldn't use his cell phone in some buildings because the extensive reinforcing built into the walls blocked telephone signals. Did you have to solve transmission problems to take calls and call out? Any other coping skill hints?
Last edited by Methuselah on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Hospitals have a work around for their employees - doctors these days live on their phones. I think it uses the WiFi somehow, and I suspect that patients these days have some sort of limited access to it.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

My phone works fine in here. They even have free WiFi, should I choose it over the Verizon phone's own system. Verizon says their's is very secure.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I'm home. Never so happy to be somewhere besides where I was. I feel about 75%.

They said I don't need oxygen during the day, but my pulse oxygen level will go below the magic 88% during the night as we don't breathe as deeply. They sent me home with an oxygen concentator which will make air into 100% 02. Set at only 2%, with a nasal cannula, it will keep me above 90% all night long. Believe me it's quieter than all the stuff they had in my hospital room. At least one item beeped three times every 15 seconds. I timed it.

Their advice on getting better is just take it easy. Don't push myself.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Then follow their advice, get well asap, and get back to kicking ass.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

They said coughing was good for me, so I'm coughing more than enough to keep the Drs happy.
Mrs Mc got a small room humidifier today to augment the one connected to the main house heat pump. It hasn't even gone through its first (gallon?) container yet. There is also a small humidifier on the night time oxygen concentrater, just like in the hospital.
So far, so good.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

:ok :ok

Reminds me of:

For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.

Steven Wright

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

The best news I got all week is that you are out of the hospital, MGM. Let me repeat a question of mine from a previous post. I'm doing all the preparation I can for when me or a relative has to stay in a Covid ward. "Have you stuck to iPhone only, MGM, or were you allowed to bring in a laptop to save wear and tear on your thumbs in a Covid ward? "

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Keep coughing it up, MGM. :ok Stay the course!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts