User-delivered Booting at Plan B 12/3/2020

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Methuselah

User-delivered Booting at Plan B 12/3/2020

Post by Methuselah »

Thank God! This is the last unfinished draft I’ve been able to finish before the deadline. I’m sorry if I’m being repetitious and rushed, but I won’t be able to kick you anymore after 9PM PST.

You guys have a unique culture which I probably don’t understand, but here’s my interpretation of recent events. Among the many people I’ve offended here is one that will be named “Booter” in this discussion. He decided that I, named “Interloper” had done enough bad things, so that it was time for me to go. Vitriolic posts didn’t work, so he spent a lot of time developing a clutter weapon (called malicious clutter elsewhere). He must have lots of spare time. With his clutter weapon he could drop enormous strings of posts into my threads with reasonable effort. This clutter would get in my way and deter my friends from reading and commenting on my posts. Cluttering is a crude form of censoring. Being a warrior, I went to the system-provided tool of Foe Blocking. It was effective for me; except that I could detect from the many-fewer lines that blocking provided that I knew that my friends were still being bothered. I expected that Booter would go on to other things but he was relentless, cluttering almost every post of mine for weeks. He must have a lot of free time, even with his recent medical emergency. I also expected some of the other users to post comments like “For Christ’s sake stop, Booter, you’ve worn it and me out!” Instead I found sly little posts thanking him for making War and Peace accessible to them, and posts from the Admin that he noticed what was going out, but nothing about whether it was an acceptable technique. It is just condonable. There was even a post saying in effect “What did you expect? Why are you always inciting this justified attacking?” Free speech in support of censorship fits this culture.
Due to the limited effect of blocking this weapon, I then wrote a series of posts that it was simply wrong. I was accused of sniveling. The only weapon I have now is to simulate being a stranger looking in at this unprotected site by never logging in, just watching in a technique called lurking. For the record, any stranger who finds the URL of this place can lurk, undetected. I’ll leave it to the reader to decide what the lurker can do having found a window in the castle that he could peek through. But that’s what I’ll do, disappear for a while, and look in on this place undetected, to watch its evolution. Will there ever be another Newbie? Will the Booter go onto other things, or apply his weapon on another member? My next step will depend on circumstances, but I will try to sneak in on occasion to change my Booting Foes list. I don’t think any of you can detect such sneaking. I hope I have the will power to not break out of my self-imposed exile. In the meantime I’m spending more time being a pest at my family Facebook Group. They are used to it and have developed their own weapons to fight it off. My wife is happy that I’m spending less time at Plan B by stopping all new posts after today. Farewell for a while. Methuselah

MajGenl.Meade

Re: User-delivered Booting at Plan B 12/3/2020

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For the record, any stranger who finds the URL of this place can lurk, undetected.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Our cloaking device must have failed. Gob, please contact the Romulans for a new one.

Gob

Post by Gob »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:31 am
Our cloaking device must have failed. Gob, please contact the Romulans for a new one.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, any stranger who finds the URL of this place can lurk, undetected.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »