Embedding tweets

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Sue U

Embedding tweets

Post by Sue U »

Is there a BBCode for this forum for embedding tweets, or some other way to do it? (I know there is SOME way 'cause I've seen tweets re-posted here.) Seems [tweet][/tweet] no work, although that code is available on other forums using the phpBB software.
GAH!

Scooter

Re: Embedding tweets

Post by Scooter »

I think what you may have seen is tweets that were somehow turned into images and then posted here. I have never figured out how to do that myself, so I have been limited to posting only tweets that I have already found converted to images.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

[tweet][/tweet] might only be available in more advanced versions of phpBB than is being used here.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bwahahaha! 😂👍
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

In my hopelessly old way, you can use the Snip tool from the evil Microft. Snip the image and "save as" a jpg.

I'm sure there are smarter ways to share that on Plan B. My method is to add the photo to my Facebook (for my eyes only) which provides an image location that I can copy/paste here

This reminds me - I still have to find out how my friends reply to WhatsApp messages including the quote of the message they are answering. And how on earth do they delete a message sent to the wrong place so that the recipient sees only "Message deleted"? Mysteries of the universe - History Channel should do a series

Don't tell me. No spoilers
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Haven't a scoob sorry.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I do a screenshot; post it to Imgur; crop it; and use the BBS code supplied by Imgur. Like this (badly cropped to show). Cumbersome - but it works and takes me about 20 seconds. I'm sure there are better/quicker ways to do it but I'm used to it.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I screenshot on phone, if it is too big to post from the phone I send it to my email and then post it from the PC.