Torn ACL

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Gob

Re: Torn ACL

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:46 pm
Test Match Special? (A five day radio slog-athon describing the details of a cricket international preferably between England and Australia. Meade will know what I mean - not sure about Gob 'cos he's Welsh and they don't really do cricket.)
I'm a cricket tragic, (fanatic fan.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:46 pm
Test Match Special? (A five day radio slog-athon describing the details of a cricket international
Or just one and a bit days if England are forced to face India :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Ouch!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes, that hurt. For those of you who are not cricket fans (I am told there are such people but they are very much an endangered species) England got wellied by India earlier this week in, as Meade so kindly reminded me, a day and a half instead of the usual five. Our asses were handed to us. Never mind, we'll get them in the fourth test in Ahmedabad starting Thursday.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Not unless we play 3 spinners. They didn't learn that lesson in Chennai, despite the thrashing they got in the previous match. They played 3 quicks and Jack Leach, (Joe Root is a part time spinner too,) and got their arses handed to them in their hats. Will they learn? I doubt it.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Apparently they are going to put someone’s Achilles’ tendon into my knee
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Why would they want to do that? Was not that Achilles only weakness? Could they not find a really nice one donated by someone else?

Never mind.

snailgate.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Abra cadaver!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

If all goes well you'll have a knee to die for.

Gob

Post by Gob »

I've got really bad plantar facilitis at the mo, not had it before. Bummer.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I had that a few years ago. Very painful. I went to a podiatrist (aka chiropodist) who taped the foot. He took his time and the tape was soaked in petroleum jelly to make it watertight. The whole bottom and sides of the foot were taped and he said at the time that it was an unconventional treatment but he thought it best for me. I kept the tape on for a week and it has never recurred.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Nice, I'll look into that. Bloody limits my walking/photography. My chaps are pissed off with me.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am
I've got really bad plantar facilitis
Is that when your vegetation does poorly indoors?

A common treatment for fasciitis is an incline board.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Gob, you can fill a plastic cup with water and freeze it, then when it is frozen roll the arch of your foot over the cup. That was a thing I learned from a physical therapist years ago when I had a bout of it.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

@Gob -I had a bad case of plantar fasciitis a few years back. The frozen water bottle, stretching and such made a huge difference. It's all connected up through the hamstring even, so stretch those out and do some deliberate stretching along the ankle, etc. I found a couple of good youtube videos on the subject that showed good stretching techniques. Good luck.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Many thanks people. :ok:

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 am
Gob, you can fill a plastic cup with water and freeze it, then when it is frozen roll the arch of your foot over the cup. That was a thing I learned from a physical therapist years ago when I had a bout of it.
My wife did the same thing for plantar fascitis a while back (except she used a water bottle)--by all reports, it worked well.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Make sure the water bottle is only about 3/4 full before you freeze it. Otherwise, it won't be useful for its intended purpose, you'll need a new water bottle, and you will have an iceberg in your freezer..

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Got the Q tip up the nose today in preparation for surgery on Friday.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Hope it goes as good as it can, CP.