Apologies for the downtime

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Gob

Apologies for the downtime

Post by Gob »

Network outage
Posted (March 14th, 2011 at 2:20 am PST) by patrickm

We apologize for the downtime as our core network is offline at the moment. Our network admin is addressing the issue and we expect service to resume shortly. This will prevent access to the customer web panel.

Update 4:00 am (Pacific): This issue is now resolved! This was due to network maintenance which was not supposed to have any effect on connectivity, but sadly did. We are investigating this more thoroughly and if we have any additional info to provide, it will be posted here! Thanks for your patience with this outage. Please contact Support if you are still experiencing any issues.

Update 5:41 am (Pacific): We apologize, as we are experiencing another outage. Our network admin is working on the issue at this time and we expect it to be resolved shortly. This outage will affect core services such as the Web Panel and WebMail. We will update this post as soon as we have more information or when the issue is resolved!

Update 7:11 am (Pacific): We are currently operating on half of a core, so partial connectivity has been restored. We are working to resolve an issue with one of the cisco core supervisors not maintaining it’s configuration. Systems that are affected by this are our servers located at our downtown Los Angeles, CA location (including the panel)– servers at our LAX data center are not affected by this outage.

Update 11:15 am (Pacific):Connectivity has been restored to a large part of our network. We are still experiencing routing issues that may cause outages for certain machines located in our LAX or Downtown Los Angeles data centers. This post will be updated as soon as we have more information on the source of these outages.

Update 1:45 pm (Pacific):We’re sorry for the lack of updates on this issue. Unfortunately, there haven’t been any updates here because we don’t have any new information. Our network admins have been working non-stop since this morning to fix these problems, but we’re still not sure when it will be resolved. This post is just meant to let you know that we are doing everything we possibly can to restore our system to normal and that we are not ignoring the situation. If you have already submitted a support ticket regarding this, you will receive updates by email as soon as we have them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience as we try to get things back to normal.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

oldr_n_wsr

Re: Apologies for the downtime

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

I was wondering what happened. I thought it was me!?!?!?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Actually oldr, it was you....

Strop just made up that story so you wouldn't feel bad.... :P
ImageImageImage

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Well gee that's depressing. Guess I'll go have a drink.
J/K
:nana

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I'm still down.

What I need is a rope to help me get out of bed ..... And stronger drugs .... And a nice white .... with some more drugs ... Stronger ones.
Bah!

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

I have about 29 Xanax (50mg) left over from when I had severe anxiety attacks.

When I went into rehab and I mentioned I had been perscribed Xanax, about 5 people came up to me and said they would give me $10 a pill. This is in rehab!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I still have all my pills although if I keep having to pay $1400 a month for healthcare, I might sell and reup my perscription to help cover costs. :D

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I stupidly went home without any mess. I was in too much of a rush to get the eff out of hospital.

Later, when Gob wakes up, he can take me to the doctors to get my dressing changed and some painkillers that you actually need a script for instead of paracetamol.

:?
Bah!