We live to fight another year.

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Jarlaxle

Re: We live to fight another year.

Post by Jarlaxle »

TPFKA@W wrote:Can you set up a go fund me for this or something similar that is quick and painless? I feaking hate paypal.
What she said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Did you get enough yet Gob? Times are tight but I can certainly chip in $10, just let me know.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Thanks, but we're good for another year!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Okay, next year I'll send you one of the new US $20 bills with some famous American woman on it. :D
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:Okay, next year I'll send you one of the new US $20 bills with some famous American woman politically-correct minority person who identifies themself as female on it. :D
Fixed it for you, BSG.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

We live to fight another year

Post by RayThom »

WTF... isn't my money good enough for you? Today I received this email. Obviously you have a secret method for payment that I'm not privy to. Hopefully, I'll get you next time.

""Dear RayThom Hathaway,
On Mar 23, 2016, you sent a payment to support@dreamhost.com for $1949.67 USD.
The funds have been returned to your account.
This payment was returned for the following reason(s):
support@dreamhost.com did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process.

Please contact support@dreamhost.com to arrange an alternate payment method.
If you have any further questions, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the History subtab. Locate this transaction and click the word "Cancelled" in the Details column.

Sincerely,
Larry PayPal, Jr.""
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

Hi Ray, the money was to be sent to my pay-pal address, as I pay the fees up front each year before coming round with the begging bowl.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

But Ray, if you've got $1949.67 burning a hole in your pocket, I'd be happy to send you my PayPal account email...

You could help defray the education costs for two worthy children... :ok
ImageImageImage

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

You could help defray the education costs for two worthy children... :ok
Don't worry LJ, Bernie is going to take care of that. :nana

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Yeah, I'll hold my breath waiting for that... :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

Hi Gob,

The following domain has automatically been renewed:

Domain Name: theplanbforum.com

Term: 1 year

Renewal Charge: 15.99

Charge Date: 2021-03-01

Gob

Post by Gob »

Many thanks for the unexpected donation.

Gob

Post by Gob »

This is an email receipt for your PayPal payment as scheduled for your DreamHost account.

Your PayPal Account: xxxxxxx@gmail.com
Time: 2021-03-22
Transaction ID: 24786169
Amount: $119.40 (USD)
Applied to Account#: 390839
This years fees have gone out. There was an amount left after last year's donations, thanks to a generous sum given by a member.

$!0 donations would be welcomed, but are not desperately needed.

Gob

Post by Gob »

First donation is in, many thanks!

ETA: and another, many thanks again.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Another, very generous, donation received.

My thanks!!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Another kindness, my thanks!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Is there any way to donate that IS NOT Paypal?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Nup, sorry. You could ask a member here to send via Paypal, if you mail them a note or cheque . Just like wesw never did.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Just opened my email to find that one kind member, (you know who you are,) has made a large donation, which, with the help of two donations already received, covers our fees for the coming year.

Many thanks to all three, your kindness should not go unnoted.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I see wesw finally came through for all of us... :mrgreen: