Independence.

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Independence.

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yep, the idea is that I send the full payment to the anglo/welsh/ozzian/cornflake. Then I collect that same amount with a little bit from each of yez.

If you wish, I'll issue public receipts. But best will be if we can just divide it up in equal amounts (small) and there's no question of yours truly making a fortune on any excess.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:50 pm
Yep, the idea is that I send the full payment to the anglo/welsh/ozzian/cornflake. Then I collect that same amount with a little bit from each of yez.

If you wish, I'll issue public receipts. But best will be if we can just divide it up in equal amounts (small) and there's no question of yours truly making a fortune on any excess.
Why not deposit in the bank anything is left over, and save it for next year; wouldn't that make fiscal sense? And if the site ever explodes or is abducted by aliens Meade becomes an inheritor and can take that long desired trip to the Bahamas.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yes, it's inevitable either that I will get short-changed or (more likely) oversubscribed. In that case, I would advise all of the excess amount, keep it in my back pocket and read travel brochures in eager anticipation,

OTOH I could send it all to Cornwall and the excess would be available to future generations
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There hasn't been an annual accounting of excess however; I sent $50USD last year, it was never acknowledged, and I can't help but wonder did others only send $70 in total to meet the total bill, or should we have something leftover on account this year to reduce the balance due?

And if there is excess and it is funding ales in Cornwall that would be fine with me, IF there was minimal tech assistance available - like to fix the year long issues with double posting/error messages, and to assist members like @w who can no longer access the board for some unknown reason that is apparently not being resolved.

I think Gob wants this place to die because he's not interested anymore and has a stick up his arse about it. It seems to me that if we want the place to stay functional we need to arrange for someone to manage it who will GAF about tech and login issues for members who are participating. I can't stand @w, but it pisses me off that she's not able to come here and post if she's wanting to, and she must have wanted to if she found she couldn't login and reached out to Gob and got no help.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well tech stuff rules me out. I can barely work my phone

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Yeah, same situation re "tech stuff", and I can't work Meade's phone either...

BTW, this is what my (not-smart) cell phone looks like:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

To the PlanB clan:

I read a misinterpretation of my situation and want to set the record straight on how I wound up outside looking in. Sometime back I got a new Iphone. It getting it set up I discovered that I was not logged in to PlanB on the new phone. Me being me, I went to my laptop and did flippity fuck something and managed to get logged out there too. I was then not able to change the password because,me being me, I could not recall what email I used to register. So I emailed the Gob and begged for help.

NOTE: Gob did not ignore my pleas, he in fact made multiple efforts to assist but to no avail. HE TRIED TO HELP.

He may indeed have a wooden object lodged internally, but to the offense of indifference to my plight, please find him guiltless. I told him not to worry his pretty little self any further about it. My time is pretty tied up with both husband and I needing surgery for various issues and other family matters so it all boils down to mattering naught in the long run. I appreciate the concern BSG, whilst not being able to stand you either. :). BTW JOE why do you not answer my emails, you little squint! Anyone who wishes may email me @ bette123@mail.com. BSG I hope you will mail me as I have something to discuss with you. No I am not kidding.

Regards, some warmer than others, @meric@nwom@n.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

wesw

Post by wesw »

you won t have dick nixon to kick around anymore

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:48 pm
To the PlanB clan:

I read a misinterpretation of my situation and want to set the record straight on how I wound up outside looking in. Sometime back I got a new Iphone. It getting it set up I discovered that I was not logged in to PlanB on the new phone. Me being me, I went to my laptop and did flippity fuck something and managed to get logged out there too. I was then not able to change the password because,me being me, I could not recall what email I used to register. So I emailed the Gob and begged for help.

NOTE: Gob did not ignore my pleas, he in fact made multiple efforts to assist but to no avail. HE TRIED TO HELP.

He may indeed have a wooden object lodged internally, but to the offense of indifference to my plight, please find him guiltless. I told him not to worry his pretty little self any further about it. My time is pretty tied up with both husband and I needing surgery for various issues and other family matters so it all boils down to mattering naught in the long run. I appreciate the concern BSG, whilst not being able to stand you either. :). BTW JOE why do you not answer my emails, you little squint! Anyone who wishes may email me @ bette123@mail.com. BSG I hope you will mail me as I have something to discuss with you. No I am not kidding.

Regards, some warmer than others, @meric@nwom@n.
1) @w, I made the mistake of communicating with you off board once before, and I paid dearly for it. I have learned the lesson and will never touch that hot stove again. Whatever you think you wanted/needed from me, get it someplace else.

2) Meade, where are we with collecting funds sufficient to pay our yearly DreamHost bill - have you received any donations?

3) After some consideration I have decided I am willing to open a DreamHost account to which the board could be migrated so Gob can be free of this place entirely (unless, of course, he chooses to begin posting again at some future time), and somebody could dedicate time to administering it and doing things like resolving the error messages we get after every attempt to post and the double posts that sometimes result, and helping people to get logged in if they should lose their login information in transitioning to new devices.

Yes I understand Gob tried to help @w, but from what I'm learning about administering a phpBB board it seems like the admin should be able to see what email she used to register and help her from there - maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am, as I've found this information on a support board for phpBB admins:
If you have database access (eg. via phpMyAdmin-tool), you can lookup his email-address in the users-table:
CODE: SELECT ALL

SELECT `username` FROM `phpbb_users` WHERE `user_email` = 'whatever@example.com'
(replace prefix "phpbb" with the correct prefix for your installation).
4) I would of course want members to approve the horrifying prospect of me administering the board. Should I set up a poll so people can vote? As I have stated before, I would NEVER shut down the board unless you all stopped chipping in for it, and I would NEVER ban anybody. I might occasionally call posters cunts, although hopefully y'all have noticed that I have refrained from such language for the most part in many months now.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:50 pm
2) Meade, where are we with collecting funds sufficient to pay our yearly DreamHost bill - have you received any donations?
An amount has been forwarded to me prematurely and the donors acknowledged. There is no bill to pay as yet but last year's bill was more than the sum collected thus far. I anticipate purchasing the Plan B corporate jet which will enable me to collect money from distant points throughout the world.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Meade, do you have a Paypal account or something similar? I never saw anything posted but I may have missed it. Or some other method by which we can send you funds?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Sent you a pm

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey!!!

i have a Jap flip phone too!!!!

mine is the heavy duty model, not quite the same as yours, econo, but tough as nails

i think the operating system kinda sucks, compared to my old samsung flip phones, but i like it just the same

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I just saw this Meade; send me the info as well.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I don't seem to have much luck sending PM. I can "reply" without a problem. If you don't get a message today, send me one.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big 'un. I hit submit and there's nothing in my sent file nor in the outbox. Plse send me a PM

Others may wish to note.

Gob

Post by Gob »

This is a friendly reminder that your DreamHost account #396839 will be rebilled $155.88 in the next five to seven days.

DreamHost renewal details:

$155.88 - "My Happy Hosting" Annual Plan'

We will automatically bill the payment method that we have on file for you on your next rebill date, so no action is needed.

Please note that unpaid balances that are outstanding more than 30 days will be considered past-due, and your account will be at risk of suspension and deactivation.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Note to the board. Almost got the full amount on-hand. Should be able to pay early next week. Have advised Gob of same.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Thank you my Lord General

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Payment made. Thanks to the contributors.