Happy Birthday to Who?

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Joe Guy

Happy Birthday to Who?

Post by Joe Guy »

Feel free to enjoy this video if you know anyone with this name....

BoSoxGal

Re: Happy Birthday to Who?

Post by BoSoxGal »

:ok

Happy birthday to me, please enjoy this classic 80s song about me:

https://youtu.be/NO5oX6ElPm4?si=YBsBnI9nUusSQQJk
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I turned on the video and I couldn't stop my feet from dancing. The next thing I knew my feet took me out the door of my house and into the middle of the street carrying my iPhone and blasting the music. I did a couple back flips, twists and somersaults and then the moonwalk. People started gathering around, some of them chewing on turkey legs, others holding glasses of wine, while watching me and clapping to the rhythm of the song.

Eventually some one asked, "What's the occasion? That's not a turkey dance you're doing!"

I said, "It's Karla's birthday!!!!"

They all yelled in unison, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLA!!"

Then I fell down and twisted my ankle and crawled back into my house.

Everybody sighed and went back into their own place to resume eating, I guess....

I'm okay though....

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:54 am
I turned on the video and I couldn't stop my feet from dancing. The next thing I knew my feet took me out the door of my house and into the middle of the street carrying my iPhone and blasting the music. I did a couple back flips, twists and somersaults and then the moonwalk. People started gathering around, some of them chewing on turkey legs, others holding glasses of wine, while watching me and clapping to the rhythm of the song.

Eventually some one asked, "What's the occasion? That's not a turkey dance you're doing!"

I said, "It's Karla's birthday!!!!"

They all yelled in unison, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLA!!"

Then I fell down and twisted my ankle and crawled back into my house.

Everybody sighed and went back into their own place to resume eating, I guess....

I'm okay though....
But was there a spider involved?

This morning while I was making my famous garlic smashed red potatoes, a jumping spider took up residence on my kitchen counter and danced with my finger for a while.

It’s been quite a lovely birthday, I’m pleased to say.

Thank you for the lovely Joe Guy birthday vignette.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:04 am

This morning while I was making my famous garlic smashed red potatoes, a jumping spider took up residence on my kitchen counter and danced with my finger for a while.
I thought you were gonna say the spider jumped into your famous garlic smashed red potatoes.

Dancing spiders are cool...

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I particularly enjoyed your long conflict with George Smiley. But you seemed older back then. And not quite yourself.

But happiness natal anniversary to you
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

hbdbsg!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Belated happy birthday, or happy belated birthday, or maybe early happy birthday for 2024.Image
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I come frm that far-off land as well, but also from the region of that place that doesn't always check these posts. Happy Birthday anyway.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Belated birthday wishes to you! Wishing you the best for the year ahead.
GAH!