Sticky board suggestions page!

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Guinevere

Re: Sticky board suggestions page!

Post by Guinevere »

OK -- this has been bugging me. When you're viewing the board and not logged in, none of the posts from this forum will be shown when you click on "active posts." You either have to click on the forum separately, or login and click on "new posts." Can that be fixed? Seems weird one forum would be excluded . . .
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Reality Bytes

Post by Reality Bytes »

I've fixed the active posts thing - that should work now :ok

I've also moved the smileys around not sure it's made much of a difference though :shrug
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

Rick

Post by Rick »

None as far as I can tell.

I'll stick with "Quick Reply"...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Just try to make sure your posts don't suck.

8-)
ImageImageImage

Rick

Post by Rick »

Sorry dude.

Suck is a given...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Reality Bytes wrote:I've also moved the smileys around not sure it's made much of a difference though :shrug
It's made some given a little more playing you might save a little more but I doubt it'll be worth it.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Say, CP:
It's made some given a little more playing you might save a little more but I doubt it'll be worth it.
Are you taking writing clarity lessons from Steve? :D
ImageImageImage

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

you can at least figure out what I'm talking about from the context Mister I'm going to edit my post and render someone else's Apocalypse Now joke meaningless. :P

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Thank you, RB!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

For some strange reason the PM window on absolution is wide

Gimcrack

Post by Gimcrack »

I propose another forum - akin to what was suggested at the CSB, I would like to see a place where squabbles between posters can be taken to type it out. I'm not a fan of the flaming drawers idea, though. Just something simple. If a poster cheeses you off, open a thread and let it fly. Quit pissing in the threads.
Where am I, and why am I holding a handbasket?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Crackpot wrote:It occurs to me that you might be able to save some space by re-arranging the order they appear. Such as: put the hen lower in the pecking order and swap eh? and the three stooges. etc.
Hey the :hen can go.

It was lovely and funny, but hardly needed in an emoticon range.

:D
Bah!

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Gimcrack wrote:I propose another forum - akin to what was suggested at the CSB, I would like to see a place where squabbles between posters can be taken to type it out. I'm not a fan of the flaming drawers idea, though. Just something simple. If a poster cheeses you off, open a thread and let it fly. Quit pissing in the threads.
Awww. I liked the flaming drawers.

But I can certainly see that at some point a "Justify your Statement" forum could be a solution to a problem.
Bah!

Gimcrack

Post by Gimcrack »

There would need to be, IMO, a set point where the drama needs to be removed from a thread. Maybe a whistle gif or something?
I don't know. I'm used to moderated board where if a poster starts in on another poster (vs the ideas of the poster), it's off to the pit. It allows people to take the gloves off without derailing the main thread.
Of course, they also use the forum to piss and moan about everything else, too, but it's the only place to sort out personal issues.
Where am I, and why am I holding a handbasket?

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

One thing that is very regretful about the closing of the CSB is that we left behind the ashes of RBrown, Loki and ROE (others?). Anyone with a classy idea on how we can pay homage to them on this board? Had they been alive I am sure they would have been onboard with us.

Gone, but not forgotten....

Beer Sponge

Post by Beer Sponge »

I wholeheartedly agree with @meric@nwom@ns suggestion.
Personally, I don’t believe in bros before hoes, or hoes before bros. There needs to be a balance. A homie-hoe-stasis, if you will.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I'm on board with more smilies. I would like one that actually pukes, if anyone has one and it can be easily added.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I would like one that actually pukes,
Yes, I can see where that might come in handy.... 8-)
ImageImageImage

Timster

Post by Timster »

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Gob

Post by Gob »

I spy new smillies!

:lala: :nm: :drama: :wgaf: :beam: :fcuk: :stir:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”