Sticky board suggestions page!

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Image Re-sizing Tool?

Post by Econoline »

(Quote from here.)
Bicycle Bill wrote:I post to another site (Buffettnews.com) and they have a forum there that is powered by phpBB as well.  This site does have a tag (like img, URL, font, youtube, etc) for "image size" — [imgsize=].  When you use it, the poster inserts the dimensions at which he desires the image to be displayed.  For an example, take RayThom's oversized image above — which measures a whopping 2,639 × 1,836 pixels.

Now, let's say you wanted to reduce that by a factor of 5 (in other words, 20% of 'actual' size).  You would just use the "imgsize" tab and insert the pixel dimensions you wanted the picture to be displayed, so you would end up with a tag that would look like this —
[imgsize=528,368](*the desired image url*)[/imgsize]
(the first number is horizontal measure; the second number is vertical measure)
— and it would resize the image to the same dimensions as this:

(note that the image I'm using as an example is already sized at 528 x 368; I just found a random image of the appropriate size and posted it for display purposes only)

Sure we can always do the "hold down the control key and scroll" or "right-click and hit view image", but by posting a smaller image to start with it may hold down on bandwidth and the length of time it takes pages to load.  So perhaps maybe Gob or whoever is in charge of this board can see about enabling that tag and adding it to our tool kit.
-"BB"-
Econoline wrote:YES!

Please! Gob, RB Daisy...if this is an option, we need it!
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Re: Sticky board suggestions page!

Post by Gob »

Don't loo at me, if you want a functioning board, I'll keep my hands off the controls.

Maybe RB can do something, if you ask her very nicely the next time she pops in
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

wesw

Post by wesw »

don t loo at me either..., yuck!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:Don't loo at me, if you want a functioning board
Not even if you're on fire? :shock:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Kinky bitches.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Maybe we we should rename this sub-Forum "Board News and Suggestions" To avoid confusion among certain denizens of this place.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

When I click to load this board I get a warning message that the connection is not secure, or something to that effect. Is this something we should fix? I'll copy the exact message in my next reply.

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

Hmm, I just logged in, and the warning message didn't appear. I'll try again tomorrow.

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

Now I get this message.

"This page isn’t workingwww.theplanbforum.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500'' No big deal. I'll drop this topic.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

As far as I know the connection not being secure here shouldn't be much of a concern. That message has been popping up for years. If you notice in the address window, Plan B's address doesn't begin with https, which would make communications between us and this website encrypted and more secure. But since we don't do financial transactions or post much personal information, there's not much to worry about. Although I suppose a hacker could get into our individual accounts more easily if there is a hacker out there with no life who has nothing better to hack.

wesw

Post by wesw »

ha ha

nothing on the web is secure

you are old enough to know better

wesw

Post by wesw »

who do you think you are?

a clinton?

a biden?