IS it wrong to ask what happened to CSB?

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Lord Jim

Re: IS it wrong to ask what happened to CSB?

Post by Lord Jim »

Well, since this appears to be an appropriate thread for venting a bit about the CSB, I'd like to weigh in a bit, and provide a few explanations....

After I hurt my back and spent a week lying in bed, it started to give me a little better sense of perspective. I decided that I was letting myself get way too wound up by the increasingly arrogant, dictatorial and capricious antics of the admin. I decided that I really needed to get a break from the place. It was burning me out.

I have left the CSB pretty much for good, (I never say never but I can't imagine why I should want to post at The Kooky, Gwen And Eddie Show.... they can have their little circle jerk to themselves as far as I'm concerned....I log in occasionally to copy some of my longer political analysis essays, posts on immigration, etc. because I'm in the proocess of putting together my own political/humor blog...no point in denying those pearls of wisdom to the world... 8-) )

Ultimately, I left the CSB for the same reason I left The Cafe Darte many moons ago....I did not approve of the way the place was being run...Gwen made it quite clear that she was Der Fuhrer, and anybody who didn't like it could go do biologically impossible things to themselves. I got fed up with her whole approach; the disingenuous to the point of being intelligence insulting rationalizations, the unbridled arrogance and imperious condescension, the passive aggressive, "who, moi?" way she had of dealing with criticism. The kind of almost to the point of insanity cluelessness that she always exhibited towards Steve as a poster, had finally started to bleed over into her behavior as the admin.

It just became too exasperating and depressing for me to deal with on a daily basis. She didn't start out this way, (some here may recall that I wrote lengthy spirited defenses of her when others had given up on her.) but somewhere along the line running that place really went to her head; she just became, (to use one of my father's expressions) "too big for her britches".....

It became pretty obvious that so long as her buddies Ed and Steve were happy, she really didn't give a damn what anybody else thought. It got to the point that she didn't even bother to pretend that she gave a damn what anybody else thought . She had deluded herself into believing that she was doing a peachy job, and that the only problem was, as she herself put it, "a handful of chronic malcontents", rather than face the reality that a large and growing number of board members were getting fed up with her behavior. She was given every opportunity to mend her ways, and it became glaringly apparent that that wasn't going to happen. (if anything, she just got worse) It got to the point that it became impossible for a rational person (even one who had genuine affection for Gwen, as I did, and frankly still do) to excuse what she was doing.

I'm sure she's been to this site....one would think that just by looking at the huge number of registered participants here that she would get a "wake up call" to the fact that it wasn't about "a handful of chronic malcontents"....but at this point she probably doesn't even care. So long as Steve and Ed are happy , she figures she's doing a bang up job....

It's really kind of ironic. It was none other than editec who led the exodus from the Cafe Darte when he became fed up with the arbitrary, capricious and dictatorial way that place was being run. Now he's a part of a dictatorship. It's kind of an Animal Farm type situation.....
Last edited by Lord Jim on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I only read one thread there anymore I don't bother commenting and I'm coming close to deleting my links.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Hurting your back and staring at the ceiling for a week does tend to give one a different perspective on things.

I still find the CSB to be as entertaining as ever. It's like visiting a mental institution.

There are now four outstanding inmates over there:

The paranoid conspiracy theorist.

The paranoid conspiracy theorist's smarter brother.

The Queen.

The Queen's arse wiper, propagandizer and fact inventor.

Rick

Post by Rick »

I have left the CSB pretty much for good, (I never say never but I can't imagine why I should want to post at The Kooky, Gwen And Eddie Show.... they can have their little circle jerk to themselves as far as I'm concerned....I log in occasionally to copy some of my longer political analysis essays, posts on immigration, etc. because I'm in the proocess of putting together my own political/humor blog...no point in denying those pearls of wisdom to the world... )
Yeah I said never and then posted.

Tyro without calling my name called my hand...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I still find the CSB to be as entertaining as ever. It's like visiting a mental institution.
Yeah, I just spent a little time perusing through some of the posts over there....

The funny thing is Joe, that now that the loonies are doing 90% of the posting there, they probably think it's a much more sane place... (I see the latest burr Steveo has up his hindquarters is that he's apparently afraid that if they ban the Westboro "Church" freaks from protesting at the funerals of fallen soldiers, the next step will naturally be concentration camps.... :lol: )
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

How is your back these days Jim? Just out of interest.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I am just pleased that this forum is getting the atmosphere that I missed so much on the CSB (or the GSE* as I like to think of it).

* Gwen, Steve and Ed.
Bah!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

How is your back these days Jim? Just out of interest.
At this point I have no problems with it, Strop....

And of course there is the plus side that it now provides me with an excuse to beg off from any manual labor I don't feel like doing.... 8-)
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

Nice one! :lol: :ok
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Ahh yes. The ol' 'twinge' trick. We women KNOW you know.

And we know you just have a cold, it is not the fucking FLU!

Get over it!

:rsp
Bah!

Timster

Post by Timster »

It may not be the "Flu" love, but us "He Men" need our women to tend to us.

It may not be rocket surgery; but you should have figured that much out by now.

We get a scratch and we yowl like we had our throat cut.

I hope that the analogy is not lost upon the readership...

You know it's true! :ok
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I know. You are all bears at heart. (Of one kind or another.)
Bah!

Timster

Post by Timster »

Context love. Context. See the above with new eyes. Within the context of the OP...

And let Quad quote this on his next quote mining selective search.

Suck my balls bitch. Research THIS~ :fu :fu :fu :nana
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

:look

Just because I can.
Bah!

Timster

Post by Timster »

Yes you can. (and nice boobies BTW. ) But I can also fire back. Because he pissed me off. And he had no reason to drag me into his little wanna Gwen licking rant against the PlanB.

Sorry. But it set me off. I was minding my own business. But NOOOOOOOOO drag me into it?

Fine. Plan B is the shite. And I cannot think that there is anything but sour grapes involved.
Poor poor Quaddy. Didn't get invited? Fine. I am asking you now. Please come and enlighten us with your security clearanced wisdom. Because I for one am dying to know what is next.

Really. Quote THIS MotherFucker. I am sure that it will make entertaining reading on the CSB.

Juicy enough for you? Or should I make some more shit up?

*Spit!*

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

He misquoted and misconstrued me as well. I was going to respond, but, I've had enough of banging my head against that particular wall
Last edited by Crackpot on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

tyro

Post by tyro »

Ditto me on that Crackpot. He accuses us of banning Steve, which is false he denied that there was a thread in which Gob asked for civility as to the CSB and admits his error, but then continues as though both butt-hole emanations are true.

Not much point in trying to change one (your adjective here) mind.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You have to wonder how pathetic the guy's real life is, when he gets so upset over the fact that someone for whom he has so openly expressed contempt, did not extend him a personal invitation to join here. And it's funny how he dissed my prediction that some of them would come here with the intent of causing trouble, when that is precisely what he ended up doing i.e. coming here not to participate in discussions, but solely to gather ammunition to continue fuelling the flames at CSB. Dramatic irony, much?

In any event, I deregistered over there. It has become obvious that Gar has no intention of dealing with the primary issues plaguing that places, in thinking that if only he makes it look more shiny and gets it known on Facebook, that everyone will start playing nice. I get enough toxicity from my antiretrovirals; I don't need to go looking for it at the CSB.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Beer Sponge

Post by Beer Sponge »

The Hen wrote:I am just pleased that this forum is getting the atmosphere that I missed so much on the CSB (or the GSE* as I like to think of it).

* Gwen, Steve and Ed.
Please remember, I coined the GSE! I have royalty rights! You owe me one good laugh!

:rsp
Personally, I don’t believe in bros before hoes, or hoes before bros. There needs to be a balance. A homie-hoe-stasis, if you will.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I did a search over at the CSB, but can't seem to find the post of Quad's you guys are talking about...(maybe somebody could post a link?)

I've long been of the opinion that the whole reason Quad got himself involved as an associate member of The Troika was because of his disputes with Joe Guy....there's never been any evidence that I can see that Quad actually agreed with Steve about anything; he just jumped in based on the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" principle....

I also spent a little time reading through the thread Gar started on improving the CSB. (about the first 10 pages.) A few observations:

1. The thread may be 30 pages long, but it seemed to me that Joe Guy summed it all up beautifully in his first post.

2.Steve remains barkingly delusional. (no surprise there.) He really does seem to think that except for a handful of trouble makers, everybody else at the CSB felt as he and editec do; that Gwen was doing a splendid job as admin. He believes this despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

3. I see from that discussion that apparently this board has some provision that would permit people to be banned by a vote of the membership. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I can't envision any circumstances under which I would vote to ban anyone, not even Steve should he decide to show up here. (Except for perhaps blatant spammers, or people who were trying to "gum up the works" in some way....putting up long posts of random letters in every thread in the hopes of making discussion impossible for example)

Had such a provision existed at the CSB at the time, I don't believe I would have voted even to ban mediator634, though I would have been sorely tempted....(I freely admitted at the time that I was deliberately trying to drive him off, and I saw him as a blatant troll bent on nothing but disruption, but I wanted him to make the decision to leave. I would not have seen removing him as setting a good precedent.)

My personal view about the best way to deal with "pernicious assholes" is to expose them and hold them up to the scorn and ridicule they deserve; not to ban them.
ImageImageImage