IS it wrong to ask what happened to CSB?

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Aard Vark

IS it wrong to ask what happened to CSB?

Post by Aard Vark »

I was having a look around and couldn't find a reason for the move. It was the Church of the holy Gold Fish that saw us leave Darwin's so what was going wrong?

Or is this a tabbo topic?

Crackpot

Re: IS it wrong to ask what happened to CSB?

Post by Crackpot »

No as such no. But, most are leery to talk about it lest the toxic atmosphere over there spills over here.

If you have the time and inclination you can read the past several months of posts in the news and suggestions over there and that'll give you a decent idea.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Aard Vark

Post by Aard Vark »

Tar for the insight.. I have little enough time as it is so I will just leave it in the "don't bother" file

I really don't want to bring anything toxic into the place

tyro

Post by tyro »

One point of clarification, it wasn’t The Infernal Gold Painted Fish of the Pond Scum that caused the DAFers to join the CSB.

It was the flippant and arrogant management style that included banning and censorship.

Gob might be able to better explain the reason Plan B was created since it was his drive that made it possible. However, it is my understanding that there was concern that the lights might go out with the CSB and so we would all have an alternative should that happen. Hence the name of the forum.

I imagine each of us has a different reason(s) for being here and many continue to visit the CSB.

Speaking for myself, I didn’t like the way almost every thread was turned into a fight. It’s interesting to note that the animosity was not only contained at the CSB, it seems to be dying out there too, so it’s a win win.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

tyro wrote:, it seems to be dying out there too, so it’s a win win.
I get the opposite impression. Perhaps Gar will be able to right the ship but at this point I don't hold out much hope.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

tyro wrote:It’s interesting to note that the animosity was not only contained at the CSB, it seems to be dying out there too, so it’s a win win.
The animosity would increase to previous levels and beyond if some of us posted more often at the CSB.

The only thing that I noted is dying is the amount of people posting that aren't Steve or Ed. I also note that long-standing members have recently dismembered themselves from there as well. I note on a daily basis that the combined posts of ed and STeve make up over half the posts on the CSB in any given day.

I note lots of things me. I might note a few more things as the day goes on.

Like what the catalyst for creating Plan B was. It probably isn't what many think, though ensuring that there was a site to continue to post on certainly was amongst the reasons.

;)
Bah!

Beer Sponge

Post by Beer Sponge »

Well, I've noticed most threads over there seem to be a Steve/Editec postfest, with a smattering of others. I haven't dismembered (love the use of this word) there, but I also haven't posted much over there either. I much prefer Plan B here, and will be posting here more often than I did there. When Hen returned to the CSB, I was planning on posting more, and remaining civil, to support her effort to breathe life back into that board. Things have changed since then, and find my effort better used here, to start something good. Thanks again for coming up with Plan B Gob, and thanks to all who make it work even with Gob helping.

:D :lol:

Just yanking your chain Gob!
Personally, I don’t believe in bros before hoes, or hoes before bros. There needs to be a balance. A homie-hoe-stasis, if you will.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Thanks Beer Sponge, but to be fair, I can claim little credit for plan b.
It was the inspiration of many, Hen was a driving force, but also the rest of the Ex-Csb'ers we see here today were all motivational in getting it established.

This place would NOT EXIST without Reality Bytes, and Daisy and Tyro, who have done all the hard work in making it function.

All I've done is provide the webspace , and got us the name.

I'd like to think that if this place continues to attract people to post, then it can be given over to a membership committee whose function will be to ensure it continues, and removing any trace of any sense of my "ownership" and the burdens of responsibility that engenders.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Beer Sponge

Post by Beer Sponge »

Well then, may I offer a thanks to all who helped to start this board off, and a thanks to all who work to maintain its operation. This is a great place!

:D
Personally, I don’t believe in bros before hoes, or hoes before bros. There needs to be a balance. A homie-hoe-stasis, if you will.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:I'd like to think that if this place continues to attract people to post, then it can be given over to a membership committee whose function will be to ensure it continues, and removing any trace of any sense of my "ownership" and the burdens of responsibility that engenders.
Slacker! ;)
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Just read your sig line Beer Sponge - ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Beer Sponge

Post by Beer Sponge »

And how can I help you BSG?

:twisted:

Timster

Post by Timster »

And speaking of sig lines...

Does anyone see the "irony" of my own sig line in relation to the... uhmmm "situation" regarding the CSB?

Honestly, It could not be more apt.

It doesn't make me feel any better about the complete and utter crap that has lead the CSB to the brink of dissolution.

But it does seem to vindicate the axiom. Does it not?

Just sayin'
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

Well it's great to be us and it sucks to be them right now.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Timster wrote:And speaking of sig lines...
I also found mine apt.

:D
Bah!

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

@meric@nwom@n wrote:Well it's great to be us and it sucks to be them right now.
I thought "we" are "them."
GAH!

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

I have no idea what you mean.

No Greater Fool

Post by No Greater Fool »

Sue U wrote:
@meric@nwom@n wrote:Well it's great to be us and it sucks to be them right now.
I thought "we" are "them."

Thank you, Pogo.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Much obliged, Albert.

(Walt Kelly was a god.)
GAH!

tyro

Post by tyro »

One of my favourite sketches has Churchy advocating the wisdom of printing money onto food.

That would ensure, he insisted, that anybody with money would never go hungry.
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.