Jesus hates your pagan Easter ham

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
wesw

Re: Jesus hates your pagan Easter ham

Post by wesw »

I worked on my project truck almost all day Friday and Saturday, not hard, but steady....

I took apart the entire front clip and sanded and painted everything. i got used headlight trim and grill from junkyard and blacked everything out with bedliner...., pretty tough looking. black and grey......

anyway..., i was playing with my dog Friday , i turned to get her ball and stumbled..., i fell to my knee and landed against the cross in my yard..., i ended up on my knee before it, with my face against it, and my arm wrapped around it..., clutching it.

i took the the time to pray and thank jesus..., while i was down there....

happy easter

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's not a truly holy day until the Easter Bunny delivers the eggs.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Prompted by this thread I did a quick search;

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Survival not guaranteed.

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

A rather depressing Easter this year. My cousin is dieing of bladder cance and was in the hospital so his plate was missing from the table as was his wifes and daughter who spent easter with him in the hospital.
My brother in law was just diagnosed with some type of colon cancer of the fast spreading variety. He had a colonoscopy less than a year ago and it showed nothing and hte doc who did it is beating himslef up thinking he missed something.

And my aunt (the mom of the cousin who is dieing) died last november so that plate was also missing from the table settings. :(

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

belated bump
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Now I'm even more depressed.
My cousin is dead.
My aunt is still dead.
My BIL is not doing well. Rounds and rounds of chemo, to no avail.
He's talking about stopping them as he gets so beat up from them.
Oh well.
:(

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

There was a mention of eating lamb for Easter on NPR one morning a week or so ago. I must admit, I had never heard of eating lamb at Easter time. Ham yes, (because Christians can) lamb no. I understand, Lamb of God, and all that... I mentioned it to Mrs Mc. She had never heard of the lamb "tradition" either. It must be cattle-country thing. Either that, or the ketchup, er I mean the lamb board is supporting NPR better these days. I saw lamb in the meat case at Sam's Club recently. I'd never noticed it there before, but I'd never looked. I've eaten it in restaurants when someone else was suggesting it and buying. It's good, but I'd never seek it out. I don't know where I'd have to look to find a live lamb. Cattle, yes. Buffalo, yes in small quantities. Goats, yes, and even a llama or ostrich or three. Sheep? Who needs 'em?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

We almost always have lamb for easter, and I'm no cattle-country denizen. The last Easter I cooked (two years ago), I did rack of lamb and it was fabulous. Boneless leg is another favorite meal.

Plus a bunny cake, with my grandmother's bunny mold and a classic white cake recipe. Delicious!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Guinevere wrote: I did rack of lamb and it was fabulous
So better than this classic:

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Lamb, not mutton.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Guinevere wrote:Lamb, not mutton.
Long Run's mutton chops pic took me just a second...

I recall one of my favorite Campbell's soups as a little kid on Lon Gyland was Scotch Broth. It had barley and mutton as two of its prominent ingredients. No Scotch. When I was in Ohio on our teenager-suggested roller-coaster-riding vacation 15 years ago, I bought several cans from a Meijer's grocery store. It was not nearly as good as I remembered. I've never seen the soup or a Meijer's store here.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Well we had a lamb roast for Easter as usual with the papist in-laws. Rack of lamb was on a terrific sale at one of the grocery stores here ($8.99/lb!) but they sold out before I could get there. (Even the competing supermarket was sold out at $9.99/lb.)

Lamb is traditionally verboten as a Passover seder meal (we had turkey and brisket). But it's pretty popular around our house the rest of the year, especially with the kids, who love the lollipop lamb chops.
GAH!

RayThom

Jesus hates your pagan Easter ham

Post by RayThom »

Liver, Lamb, Lima beans -- I call them the '3Ls' -- and those are the three food items I dislike the most.

When I eat lamb I'm sickened by the way the lanolin glues itself to my tongue and roof of the mouth and I could never get rid of it until I brushed my teeth and gargled with mouthwash. I haven't had a piece of lamb since I left my parents house way back in '72.

Obviously I am not alone -- years ago a hospital dietician friend told me that very few hospitals will offer lamb on their menu. Almost no one will order it. It may be a Mediterranean staple but hardly a Med Center one.

My Easter feast at my brother's home this year had a selection of ham, venison, and/or salmon steak. None of the 3Ls, thank God. Lamb = YUK!!!

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

Fans of "Cooking with taff" will have seen the masterful scallops, pickled ginger, and pear, which i produced as our Easter dinner starter.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

...pickled ginger, and pear, which i produced as our Easter dinner starter.
And I am guessing that the main coarse was brine soaked dandilion leaves?
:nana :mrgreen:

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Jesus hates your pagan Easter lamb

:shrug
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Lamb is good.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

MGMcAnick wrote:Sheep? Who needs 'em?
The Welsh? :mrgreen: :nana
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God