Jesus hates your pagan Easter ham

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Lord Jim

Re: Jesus hates your pagan Easter ham

Post by Lord Jim »

The celebration is the triumphant risen Christ, old bean. "Good" Friday is a day of mourning and grief.
It's a pretty logical question when you think about it...

When I was a kid, I remember asking why do we call the Friday before Easter "Good" Friday when it was the day Jesus died...it doesn't seem like there was anything "good" about it...

And my kids have asked the same question...there should probably be a better word for it than "Good" Friday...

The answer though is, that you have to look at the larger picture...

It's "good" in the sense that it was the day that our Lord and Savior died on The Cross for our sins...

And without that, one would not have The Resurrection, symbolized by Easter Sunday, (who knows for sure on what dates these events actually took place...the important thing is that they did take place...)

I think I have a pretty expansive and "liberal" view about who qualifies for membership in the "Christian Camp"...

I believe one can have a lot of different opinions on a lot of different subjects, and still qualify...

But if you do not believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, if you do not believe that Christ Was God Made Man, and you do not believe in The Truth Of The Resurrection...

Then you really cannot properly call yourself a Christian...(of course it's a free country, so you can call yourself a Christian anyway; you can call yourself a root beer float if you want to...)

That certainly doesn't make you a bad person, (in fact you may be a "better" person than many Christians) but if you don't embrace and believe in those two fundamental principles, you are not a Christian...

Believing that Jesus was a "great teacher" or a "really cool dude" does not make you a Christian...

Only accepting The Truth of His divinity and The Truth Of The Resurrection can do that...
ImageImageImage

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Those cookies are so gross but so funny. Too bad those who celebrate myth the humor.

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:He went to the cross obediently but wished there had been another way to save humanity other than his taking the entire punishment for our sin.
I'm sorry Meade, but that sentence there just sums up the whole absurdity of Christianity.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Jesus hates your pagan Easter ham

Post by RayThom »

Good Friday... What's so good about it?

I liked Jim Caviezel's take on Jesus Christ. He nailed it.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
MajGenl.Meade wrote:He went to the cross obediently but wished there had been another way to save humanity other than his taking the entire punishment for our sin.
I'm sorry Meade, but that sentence there just sums up the whole absurdity of Christianity.
Sorry Gob but it does not because it is not absurd in the least.

Both give self-satisfied smirks, secure in the knowledge that unassailable logic has once again triumphed.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Seriously though. My hand was bleeding this afternoon with no cut or sign of injury except there is a bruise now where the blood was.

Maybe I have a stigmata?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Just a little problem with the lead post here for this year of 2016--passover is not til late next month. There is a big break with the current Western calendar and the Orthodox Jewish calendar. Right now for the tribe it is Purim--entirely different vibes for these two celebrations.

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:Those cookies are so gross but so funny. Too bad those who celebrate myth the humor.
I'm sure there are thumb people who really digit.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Daisy wrote:Seriously though. My hand was bleeding this afternoon with no cut or sign of injury except there is a bruise now where the blood was.

Maybe I have a stigmata?
The Church of the Latter Day Daisy?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Displaced endometrial tissue. Quit fingering yourself. :nana

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bwahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:Displaced endometrial tissue. Quit fingering yourself. :nana
That would explain the blood, but not the bruise.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
IT"S A FUCKING JOKE NOT SCIENCE, DUMBASS.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
IT"S A FUCKING JOKE NOT SCIENCE, DUMBASS.
Oh — you are the only one allowed to make jokes here? I think I was able to recognize it as a joke and tried to follow up on it .... but then, since you were the one who went to the intersection of Sexual Stimulation Street and Bodily Function Boulevard, I just worked with the material I was provided.  Maybe I should have been much more blunt and plain, and suggested that if Daisy was doing herself so forcefully that she was bruising the palm of her hand she was probably doing it wrong.  Does THAT match with your personal sense of humor and stay in keeping with the tone of your 'joke'?

And there's no need to post a followup; I'm familiar with your by-now-standard "GFY" response.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

nd there's no need to post a followup; I'm familiar with your by-now-standard "GFY" response.
That's an old favorite of mine when some asshole thinks that their defalcation is without odor and they get to have the last word.

You never come across as joking, but rather as a harassing jackass.

So, yes, GFY.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
nd there's no need to post a followup; I'm familiar with your by-now-standard "GFY" response.
That's an old favorite of mine when some asshole thinks that their defalcation is without odor and they get to have the last word.

So, yes, GFY.
Since you feel I am a "harassing jackass", I suppose if I've got the name then I may as well play the game.  I'll start by suggesting that if you want to use big words like "defalcation" you should check the definition of them first.
defalcation (n) 1. misappropriation of money or funds held by an official, trustee, or other fiduciary.
2. the sum misappropriated.
You did, on the other hand, get "endometrial" correct.
Oh — no charge for the vocabulary lesson. You're welcome.
-"BB"-

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Gob wrote:
Daisy wrote:Seriously though. My hand was bleeding this afternoon with no cut or sign of injury except there is a bruise now where the blood was.

Maybe I have a stigmata?
The Church of the Latter Day Daisy?
Worship me Bitches!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
TPFKA@W wrote:

So, yes, GFY.
Since you feel I am a "harassing jackass", I suppose if I've got the name then I may as well play the game.  I'll start by suggesting that if you want to use big words like "defalcation" you should check the definition of them first.
defalcation (n) 1. misappropriation of money or funds held by an official, trustee, or other fiduciary.
2. the sum misappropriated.
You did, on the other hand, get "endometrial" correct.
Oh — no charge for the vocabulary lesson. You're welcome.
-"BB"-
No charge whatsoever for you getting to feel like a bigshot due to my typing and spelling errors. You are an asshole and decidedly not worth my time. I have yet to see you write anything of value, the wait for that will be long.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

And there's no need to post a followup
Yeah, how'd that work out for you Bill? :D

FYI, around here there is no surer way to guarantee a response then to to say, "there's no need to respond"...

I strongly advise staying away from that one... 8-)

And...

Last edited by Lord Jim on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage