Saving Stuff

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
loCAtek

Saving Stuff

Post by loCAtek »

Fair question about saving stuff from CSB;

I had some good Bloggy threads going there and hope they won't be 'accidently deleted from the face of the earth' when somebody notices I'm posting elsewhere.

Would a cached copy be able to access all the old posts, or do I have a lot of cutting and pasting to do?

Reality Bytes

Re: Saving Stuff

Post by Reality Bytes »

Meant to reply to this before - you could try a webstripper and save to your hard drive the only possible problem that I can see with doing that is that theres a hell of a lot of stuff on csb to be stripped so it might take a while though some of the strippers do allow you to specify pages etc so you may be able to fiddle about and narrow the selection down to just your posts but I've never tried that myself.
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I just love the idea of a stripper running rampant on the CSB.

:D
Bah!

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Reality Bytes wrote:Meant to reply to this before - you could try a webstripper and save to your hard drive the only possible problem that I can see with doing that is that theres a hell of a lot of stuff on csb to be stripped so it might take a while though some of the strippers do allow you to specify pages etc so you may be able to fiddle about and narrow the selection down to just your posts but I've never tried that myself.

Drat, my hard drive is at home and web access is at the library.

dales

Post by dales »

The Hen wrote:I just love the idea of a stripper running rampant on the CSB.

:D

Depends upon certain "measurements". ;)

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato