Ban LoCAtek

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.

Ban loCAtek

Poll ended at Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 37

loCAtek

Re: Ban LoCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

No problem, but I seek the counsel of my lawyers first.
Last edited by loCAtek on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Lord Jim wrote:Strop or Hen: Since you have the complaint, is there anything procedurally that requires you not to make it public?
WTF are you thinking, Jim?????

This is apparently a document that contains false and scurrilous statements about Gob. Why in hell would he want to make it public on the internet????
Last edited by Econoline on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

loCAtek wrote:No problem, but I seek the counsel of my lawyers first.
You probs won't be here when they get back to you Lo.

Start packing.

Is it time for la LoCA to do some more damage control?

I think so.
Bah!

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

They won't? Okay cool, I'll deal with it offline.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Whatever.

But we both really know why you won't post anything, don't we.
Bah!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Perhaps you have a point Econo...

Everyone here understands the context, but in thinking about it further, you may have a valid point about it being picked up and used dishonestly...

Of course that would be true if LoCa posted it as well, which she is refusing to do.
No problem, but I seek the counsel of my lawyers first.
Well LoCa, then I sincerely hope they get back to you before Friday, because if you think you're going to be able to use this as some sort of dodge to extend the deadline on your being banned, I'm sure you're going to be very much disappointed.

Personally I don't care what the complaint says. I know that it relates to the board, and I know as a regular participant who has been following "the sorry saga" that there is absolutely nothing Strop has said or done on the board that could possibly justify this vindictive harassment that LoCa has just completely confessed to having undertaken.

If it were up to me, just based on what she's admitted to this evening, I'd pull the plug on this poll right now, and boot her out this very minute.

I am both shocked and disgusted by what you have done.
ImageImageImage

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

I take full responsibility for my actions.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

loCAtek wrote:I take full responsibility for my actions.
Colour me surprised. I would have sworn this was either Gob's fault ... or mine.
Bah!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I take full responsibility for my actions.
Well that's good LoCa because now you're going to see the consequences of those actions:

You're going to be permanently banned from a community of folks you have interacted with for more than a decade;

You've succeeded in even getting folks who never thought they would support this (including myself) to support it....

You've destroyed every last scintilla of goodwill or even sympathy that you enjoyed here....

And now on top of all of that, you may also be facing legal consequences for your stalking and harassment.

You're paying a steep price for the pursuit of your obsession; I hope you think it was worth it.
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

loCAtek wrote:I take full responsibility for my actions.
That's a good thing.

Now go away.

I'm sorry that you screwed up your life and tried to blame it on two people in Australia.

You need time to look at your own life and seek help and heal yourself.

It will not happen here. It can't.

Go find something more healthy for you to do with your time.

Good luck.

Sincerely...

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

ThX :ok

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

For anyone who's interested, here's the link to the website for the law firm LoCa references:

http://www.mauriceblackburnnsw.com.au/
ImageImageImage

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

What is your point, Lord Jim?
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'm very familiar with that particular law firm through their reputation and constant TV ads Jim...

Simply type, "No win, no fee" or "ambulance chasers" into Google and you'll find them easily enough.

Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

What is your point, Lord Jim?
To give people a chance to check out for themselves the law firm LoCa says is helping her Andrew, if they choose to do so.
ImageImageImage

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Sean wrote:Simply type, "No win, no fee" ....
That is what is called a "contingency fee" arrangement. It is common, and for good reason.

It is common knowledge here that most of my work -- setting aside my pro bono efforts -- is in insurance defense. That is, I represent insurance companies, so, insofar as lawsuits are battles between counsel for both sides, I am the contingency-fee lawyer's enemy.

Nonetheless, I recognize that the contingency-fee arrangement is essential to the operation of the legal system. Without it, people who do not have a lot of money would have no means of obtaining the legal representation necessary for the redress of their injuries.

Joe Blow works hard at a menial job, and he earns barely enough to make ends meet. He is catastrophically injured. He is sure that the corporation which dropped a wrecking ball on his head is at fault, but what is he to do?

He asked the corporation to do the right thing. He pointed out that the corporation had dropped a wrecking ball on his head while he was walking down the sidewalk minding his own business. He showed the corporation his medical bills. The corporation refused to pay him anything.

Hiring a lawyer on an hourly basis -- even if the lawyer is willing to work for the stupendously low rate of $50 per hour -- will drain his already meager finances completely. If he wins, fine. But if he loses, he and his family are out on the street. The risk is too much, so he forgoes suing the corporation. Which means that the corporation wins.

What is the solution to that problem? How do we ensure that people who have been wronged can obtain the compensation for their injuries which justice demands that they receive?

The best answer that we have come up with is the contingency-fee arrangement: If the plaintiff wins, the lawyer gets a chunk of the money; if the plaintiff loses, the plaintiff owes the lawyer nothing.

That system is rife with the potential for abuse, and it is, in fact, routinely abused.

But what better system is available? If you have a better way of ensuring that people without means are able to obtain redress for their injuries, I'm all ears.
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

What compensation would Maurice Blackburn be looking at for lodging a complaint to a Health Care Complaints Commission.

I would have thought the HCCC would be the arbitrator? There usually would be no money exchanging hands unless it was from a Department to someone they had wronged?
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Don't get me wrong Andrew... I agree that it is a necessary service.

I'm not however convinced that they would take a case like lo's...
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

What compensation would Maurice Blackburn be looking at for lodging a complaint to a Health Care Complaints Commission.
Is it possible that an HCCC complaint is a first step that would to be taken prior to filing a lawsuit?
ImageImageImage

Sean

Post by Sean »

Lo has already stated that there is no lawsuit involved Jim.