WTF is WRONG with people??

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

WTF is WRONG with people??

Post by Bicycle Bill »

'I'm hungry':  In-N-Out fans clog traffic, camp out for days as first Colorado locations open

Joel Shannon, USA TODAY
Fri, November 20, 2020, 7:45 PM CST·2 min read
In-N-Out Burger restaurant manager Saul Arreola shakes hands with the Colorado Springs restaurant's first customer, Ken Vizzini. A second location in Colorado also opened Friday, in Aurora.

The iconic California-based fast food chain In-N-Out opened its first restaurants in Colorado on Friday, and police say the line at one location led to highway backups as people waited in an hours-long line for their chance to order.

"Right now we estimate the line to be 1.5 - 2miles long, and the wait is now 14 hours," the Aurora Police Department tweeted Friday afternoon, although police acknowledged the line was so long it was difficult to estimate.  At about 4:30 p.m. local time, the police department said the final car had been marked and would likely get its order around 2 a.m. (!!)

At another new location in Colorado Springs, the restaurant's first customer — a Southern California native — had slept in a truck outside the drive-thru since Tuesday, the Colorado Springs Gazette reports.

"I'm waiting for them to open so I can get a hamburger.  I'm hungry," Ken Vizzini told the paper.  He said he had worried that Tuesday wouldn't be early enough to be first in line.
(read the rest here)
Sunuvabitch!  It just boggles the mind.  

Maybe Trump did live up to one of his promises and make America great again, if one of the most pressing issues facing Colorado citizens these days is whether or not they can get into line for a fast-food sandwich made of ground-up dead cow meat.
(although if you're going to wait nearly 10 hours from placing the order to getting your meal, can it really be called 'fast-food' ?)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Re: WTF is WRONG with people??

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I remember something similar with Krispy Kreme doughnuts when they opened here and in a few other places. It's all hype of course - I once picked up 20 dozen I was taking to a conference (anyone who says they are light should try carrying 20 dozen down four flights of a parking ramp and then up a couple of escalators to a 400 seat lecture theater) and they taste like - well - doughnuts. I'm guessing In-and-Out (the name is very funny in context) burgers taste like burgers.
"I'm waiting for them to open so I can get a hamburger. I'm hungry," Ken Vizzini told the paper. He said he had worried that Tuesday wouldn't be early enough to be first in line.
He was hungry. Could it be something to do with the fact that he'd waited in his truck since Tuesday and it was now Friday? I'd love to know who he voted for.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Good comparison, EKA. Both Krispy Kreme and In-and-Out had/have an almost cult-like following that is not earned by the quality of their product. Both good, but nothing special. If you compare their products to other national brands, they are top of the pack. If you compare their products to local stores (you know, places that do not have formal board of directors meetings), they quickly fall to mid-pack.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I remember back when Coors beer wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River, so there was (what I guess you could call) a cult following where it wasn't available. It was "special" I guess...though once I tasted it I knew why it people out west called it "Colorado Kool-Aid". At the time I had a regular weekly delivery I ran from Chicago to St. Louis, and people would actually ask me to bring them back a case or two of Coors. :loon
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Econoline wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:48 pm
At the time I had a regular weekly delivery I ran from Chicago to St. Louis, and people would actually ask me to bring them back a case or two of Coors.
Good call on that one Econoline. I had the same thing when Coors was not sold in Oregon, so college trips home I always had several requests to bring back cases of Coors, which as you note is nothing special. Then Coors made peace with organized labor and voila, it was sold in Oregon, no more issues about pasteurization.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I recall Coors in the 70s; I was just starting out my career and traveling, and the first time I saw it I had to try it; it really surprised me, kind of like a watered down budweiser.

The In and Out burger reminds me a bit of a Chick Fil A that recently opened by me; there are lines every day. I have never tried it (for years I avoided it in other states due to their support of Focus on Family, even afterwards (when they stopped the support) I saw no reason to get a chicken sandwich--if I wanted poultry I'd go to Boston Market. But its marketing apparently works and people will sit for 30 or more minutes in line to get it. I can't imagine it's that good.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

In & Out Burger IS one of THE best fast food experiences, hands down. They must be fanatical about quality control.

But I wouldn't wait days in line, I would just wait a month or two at home until the lines get normal.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:19 pm

The In and Out burger reminds me a bit of a Chick Fil A that recently opened by me; there are lines every day.

Same here when a Chick Fil A opens, really long lines that settle into just long lines. But when an In and Out opens, there are backups on the freeways. Just crazy.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I've never been to one, but even the best burger in the world given away for free wouldn't justify that wait. I guess some people have too much time on their hands.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:04 pm
I guess some people have too much time on their hands.
Decades of professional wrestling fandom hadn’t already established that?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol: :lol:

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:04 pm
I guess some people have too much time on their hands.
A poster on a BBS says without irony. 8-)

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I don't know--this may be/is a time waster, but it pales in comparison to sitting in a car for 15 hours to get a burger.

Gob

Post by Gob »

I haven't had a takeaway meal in 6 months, and then it was only haddock, chips and mushy peas from our local chippy.

Never found them to be as good as anything I can knock out myself in 30 mins.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:41 am
I haven't had a takeaway meal in 6 months, and then it was only haddock, chips and mushy peas from our local chippy.

Never found them to be as good as anything I can knock out myself in 30 mins.
Your fish & chips looks a lot like beer.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Whoopsy, best edit that one, thanks.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 pm
Your fish & chips looks a lot like beer.
I fail to see a problem here.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Definitely good to have beer with, but I’m glad I got to see this:
C7A5CDA7-6EA3-46D3-A627-849C0BB4B009.jpeg

Also they make what look to be fabulous fish tacos!

F3008A43-5100-4977-853B-A5643398D8B8.jpeg
I’m definitely traveling to Cornwall after the pandemic!
~ Carl Sagan