Blues Vs Scarlets

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Reality Bytes

Blues Vs Scarlets

Post by Reality Bytes »

I know we have at least 1 Scarlet supporter here if not 2 & tomorrow is THE game :D

It's a must win for both teams to add to the usual derby tension - if Blues win we secure Heineken rugby next year no matter what we do in The Amlin and Scarlets are left hoping that The Dragons lose to Edinburgh. Otherwise their future european rugby hopes rest in the hands of others namely that either Cardiff Blues win The Amlin or that a French team wins both The Amlin and the Heineken cups.

On paper and on current form Blues should win and win by a large margin - both times we've played you this year we've won :D however derby games are never easy to predict and often result in shocks - having said that I think we'll win :nana hubby and I are iffing and aming about making the trip over but we won't decide til tonight as it's quite a long haul for us but it should be a really great atmosphere at PYS.

Cummon you Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos!
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

Gob

Re: Blues Vs Scarlets

Post by Gob »

We'll nail your arses to the posts!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Reality Bytes

Post by Reality Bytes »

What was that about arses, nails and posts?
The Scarlets' hopes of making next season's Heineken Cup via the Magners League were crushed as Cardiff Blues secured their place in the tournament.

The west Wales region must now rely on the Blues to secure a fourth Welsh place in Europe's top flight by winning this season's Amlin Challenge Cup.

Wasps stand in the Blues way in the semi-final on 1 May, a game in which they will be buoyed by this win.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 615141.stm

Score was Scarlets 16 - 39 Cardiff Blues - we scored 5 tries to get a nice bonus point too thank you very much :D

TBH I won't be crowing, I feel sorry for the Scarlets this is potentially a heck of a blow to them and feck knows how they'll cope next year if they do end up out of europe unless the supporters stand by them - this will be a test of the "one true regions" faithful. I'm not at all sure I like this whole revamp of the Heineken Cup but you can't really dispute that the end of the season is proving to be a heck of a battle with lots still to play for - turns out we're still just about able to make the playoffs if we can keep up this winning form :o Casey Loulala has been a fantastic signing after the Norton-Knight debacle.

Next up London Wasps!
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Fuck it, I'm going to sit in the corner and sulk now.... :arg :arg :arg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”