garden of eatin'

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
BoSoxGal

Re: garden of eatin'

Post by BoSoxGal »

I tried salvia once - all I got was a wicked headache. Not sure I’m up for munching morning glory seeds.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

If you , plant the morning glory seeds and then harvest the seeds from the lfowers when they grow--those seeds are not adulterated ,,, or so I've heard.

dales

Post by dales »

You are correct, BigRR.

Considering one needs several hundred of the seeds for a meaningful dose, it hardly seems worth the effort.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

The poppy seeds sold in garden stores have been chemically-altered to remove the psycho-active properties.
horseshit. 1. You can buy fully psychoactive poppy seeds for culinary purposes. 2. The process to remove the opioid chemicals would render the seeds sterile. The problem is that it requires a large volume to get much effect even if you harvest them yourself from a species of 'somniferum' poppies.

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

Well rube looks like your reading comprehension skills need a tune up.

From an earlier post that I posted previously:
I mis-posted.

Not poppy seeds that have been stripped of their psycho-active properties but morning glory seeds which if consumed in large enough quantities, can mimic an LSD experience.
At least I am able to admit my mistakes.

You?

Not so much,

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

You said poppy seeds have been stripped of their psycho-active properties.
Not poppy seeds that have been stripped of their psycho-active properties
see? That is false. If you buy them in bulk for baking they contain opioids and if you eat them "german style" with a thick layer of poppy seeds mixed with butter, you will test positive. The only people I know who tried morning glory seeds "back in the day" didn't make it sound pleasant. And commercially available seeds for planting in the garden are not treated to remove Lsa they are treated with fungicides and other toxic chemicals. Jimson weed reports were even worse.

yrs,
rubato