Twalling for Twats

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Reality Bytes

Re: Twalling for Twats

Post by Reality Bytes »

I've had a Twitter account since 2009 - I follow a couple of hundred people spit into several catagories (lists) predominantly Rugby or Sci Fi related. Over the years I have exchanged tweets with several celebs. I even used twitter to pull off a fab surprise for my son when he got married as I'd been "tweeting" with a couple of the Welsh rugby team and was able to get virtually the whole Ospreys squad and Wales team members to send me individual tweets with personal congratulation messages to him which I print screened into a card which I gave him on the day along with the rugby boys I also got tweets for him from a couple of actors including Nathan Fillion & David Hewlett.

The other use for twitter has been "customer service" a lot of the larger companies have a twitter presence I had some issues with my online banking playing silly buggers and was able to get an alert to the bank and receive a reasonably fast response via twitter, same with a couple of other issues with companies that have been sorted fairly rapidly once they got a public message about it on their twitter feed.
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

wesw

Post by wesw »

well.....

I was following the tweets of a few birds this morning as they were twittering the most lovely things , and then....

this loud raucous bluejay jumped in just filled the air with his screeching indignation and I woke up.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well I think RB gets a prize for explanation and all-round non-twatiness.

Unfortunately twats scored another one right after hers though....
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Thank you, Guin. That was informative. Shame about the Joker today... I was hoping for a much different outcome.
Fed was beaten by a better player. It happens. I'd love to see him win a couple more slams, and its still possible, but wow, he was on fire during this tournament and I thought he would pull it off.

Djokovic is growing on me (unlike whiney Andy Murray, who I will never like or respect). His intensity and focus are incredible, and he was gracious in victory and in stressful moments, when the whole of Centre Court was rooting for Roger.

Serena also had a great tournament, and did well in the face of crowds that were generally rooting for the other player. That will be different in New York in September, and I have a ticket to see her (I hope) in the Ladies Final at the U.S. Open -- could be a history making calendar Grand Slam!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah guin, djokovic is hard not to like...

Federer, I never really cared for, he was just too damned good , at one time. jealousy I guess.

he reminded me of bjorn borg. just un freakin' beatable. I was a big Connors fan. if he hadn t been so hard headed, and had gotten rid of that darned T-2000 racket about 8 yrs earlier, he would've had a few more majors, IMHO. that last run at the US open was something special.....

serena won my grudging respect at Wimbledon this year. when that one woman had her a set down and was about to finish her off, she went into her theatrics and dry heaves, got the crowd on her side, and totally psyched the other player into letting up. brilliant. poor sportsmanship and far from admirable, but brilliant strategy.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

For the record
I have never tweeted
Nor am i on facebook
And only texted once. My fingers are too big to type anything on my cell phone.
(this from a guy who was working on a cell phone design when I worked at motorola. and I didn't have a cell phone at the time) :mrgreen: