The Colin Kaepernick Effect?

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
dales

The Colin Kaepernick Effect?

Post by dales »

The 49ers can count on 11 fans coming to tonight's game, and possibly no more.

Santa Clara VTA has only sold 11 49ers Express Train season passes so far, reports NBC Bay Area. They'd planned to sell 2,500 passes.

"It's not going as well as we hoped," VTA spokeswoman Stacey Hendler Ross told NBC Bay Area in the understatement of the year.

The 49ers Express Train passes are billed as a quicker way for fans to get to Levi's Stadium, although that claim has also come up short. VTA admitted that the express stadium trains are often stuck behind regular VTA trains, delaying them by three or four minutes each.

Express train tickets cost $149 per person for the full season or $20 per game. With the express train ticket, fans are allowed to board trains first (which sounds like a recipe for a French Revolution-style platform uprising).

Regular round-trip tickets are $4.

Since 2014, VTA told NBC Bay Area it has lost $500,000 a year running stadium service due to extra trains, extra drivers and overtime pay. They were hoping the express train packages would help them break even.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Re: The Colin Kaepernick Effect?

Post by Big RR »

Californians giving up driving and using mass transit? Who thought that would really happen? Certainly no one rational.

dales

Post by dales »

Try squeezing on BART during a weekday commute and report back to me.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

BART opened 1972 in (uber- liberal ) Bay Area.
Over 400,000 riders per day
In process of being extended to SJ and considering a second transbay tunnel.

Used as the set for which famous director's first feature movie?

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

dales wrote:

The 49ers can count on 11 fans coming to tonight's game, and possibly no more.

Santa Clara VTA has only sold 11 49ers Express Train season passes so far, reports NBC Bay Area. They'd planned to sell 2,500 passes.

"It's not going as well as we hoped," VTA spokeswoman Stacey Hendler Ross told NBC Bay Area in the understatement of the year.

The 49ers Express Train passes are billed as a quicker way for fans to get to Levi's Stadium, although that claim has also come up short. VTA admitted that the express stadium trains are often stuck behind regular VTA trains, delaying them by three or four minutes each.

Express train tickets cost $149 per person for the full season or $20 per game. With the express train ticket, fans are allowed to board trains first (which sounds like a recipe for a French Revolution-style platform uprising).

Regular round-trip tickets are $4.

Since 2014, VTA told NBC Bay Area it has lost $500,000 a year running stadium service due to extra trains, extra drivers and overtime pay. They were hoping the express train packages would help them break even.

Good for him! Glad he helped people see the unwisdom paying $20 for something that costs $4. And he only missed 11 people! Solid. There are more Scientologists in San Francisco than that.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Used as the set for which famous director's first feature movie?
George Lucas...

ImageImageImage

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

dales wrote:Try squeezing on BART during a weekday commute and report back to me.
Try standing in line at the Bay Bridge (or picking up "hitchikers" to get into a shorter toll line, and get back to me. It's being used, but many prefer to drive.

I once worked for a company that had a Mountainview facility within walking distance of the train station, but most people preferred to sit in traffic on the 101 than take the train and walk. Certainly the system is used, but people prefer the flexibility of a car. I think the same will be true for 49er games so long as parking is available.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Big RR wrote:
dales wrote:Try squeezing on BART during a weekday commute and report back to me.
Try standing in line at the Bay Bridge (or picking up "hitchikers" to get into a shorter toll line, and get back to me. It's being used, but many prefer to drive.

I once worked for a company that had a Mountainview facility within walking distance of the train station, but most people preferred to sit in traffic on the 101 than take the train and walk. Certainly the system is used, but people prefer the flexibility of a car. I think the same will be true for 49er games so long as parking is available.
they are packed because BART is packed. you made a dumb comment, admit it.

yrs,
rubato

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Completely different than someone with the cash to buy season tickets -- probably minimum 5K for the PSL plus tickets -- choosing to use public transportation to get to a game.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

rubato wrote:
Big RR wrote:

they are packed because BART is packed. you made a dumb comment, admit it.

yrs,
rubato
Dumb comment? I don't think so. But if the trains really are packed to overflowing, then that's something I did not know (but then so are the roads, tripling (or more) the commuting time). That being said, I do think most people do avoid mass transit in California, just as they do in many other areas. There are some cities in which people will use mass transit and even avoid the use of cars (NY and Chicago are two that immediately come o mind). I doubt it's just the price that keep fans off those trains to the game.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Big RR wrote:
Dumb comment? I don't think so. But if the trains really are packed to overflowing, then that's something I did not know (but then so are the roads, tripling (or more) the commuting time). That being said, I do think most people do avoid mass transit in California, just as they do in many other areas. There are some cities in which people will use mass transit and even avoid the use of cars (NY and Chicago are two that immediately come o mind). I doubt it's just the price that keep fans off those trains to the game.

Not just dumb. Ignorant and stupid. Californians will use public transport just like anyone else will when it is well-designed and efficient. We also have busses for employees of tech companies which run from SF to Google &c.

Postby Big RR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:38 am
Californians giving up driving and using mass transit? Who thought that would really happen? Certainly no one rational.

You made an uninformed comment, just admit it.
And pointed out by more than one person. You are hopelessly irrational when your tiny little ego is involved.

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Rant on rubato in your quixotic quest to be right.
Last edited by Big RR on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

rubato is having another episode. I suspect a chemical imbalance.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I don't know about 49er games, but for the Giants games, the ferries are packed bringing fans to the games. A sizeable percentage of fans will use mass transit to go to a game if it is available.
Last edited by Long Run on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Big RR wrote:Rant on rubato in your quixotic quest to be right.
Now now, be fair, it's your turn to have Aspy boy shower you with dumbness and hate. All the rest of us have suffered, so take it like a man.

We find this helps;

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:
Does that work when you rub it on your temples?

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Do they charge extra if you bring your bar-b-q grill and cooler?
Can't tailgate without them.
Can one tailgate without a car/truck?

But on a somewhat serious note, there are many who ride mass transit to the Jets and Giants games. And there are people who set up huge bar-b-q's in the parking lot where they charge others to come and eat/drink. I think it was $10 or $15 a head when I went last year.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

oldr--is this just people setting up on their own, or something sponsored/sanctioned by the stadium? A per head charge is a novel way to make money while tailgating, and somehow I would expect the stadium would want to be in on it.

Years ago I used to go to the occasional Jets game--his brother in law set up a tailgate taking up two parking spaces--apparently there were a certain number of these spaces for first come, first serve (I think he used to get there just as the lot opened, and there was always a line for those spaces), but the parking police cracked down on people doing the same in any other area of the parking lot.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Big RR wrote:Rant on rubato in your quixotic quest to be right.

It is a poor insult to say someone is like yourself.

Yet only one of us has the level of self-knowledge to notice it.

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

yawn. :roll: