The Colin Kaepernick Effect?

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Joe Guy

Re: The Colin Kaepernick Effect?

Post by Joe Guy »

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

My mother used to have a comedy album in her record collection — "Folk Songs for the Rich" by the Sundowners.
One of the cuts on the album was a little ditty called "The Blue-Blood Blues", in which the singer was lamenting the fact that
"I got the Blue Blood Blues, 'cause I ain't got nuthin' to be blue about".
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

People learn new things and it changes them.
There's some more of that masterful unintentional humor... :lol:
ImageImageImage

dales

Post by dales »

49ers hang tough before Brady takes over in Pats’ 30-17 win

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

The 49ers can square off against The Cleveland Browns in The Draft Pick Bowl... 8-)
ImageImageImage

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

The Jets are making a run for that too.
:(

dales

Post by dales »

SANTA CLARA — Colin Kaepernick’s strive for social equality led to a debate about Fidel Castro during a heated conference call Wednesday with a Miami-based reporter.

Kaepernick, on the call to preview the 49ers’ game Sunday at the Miami Dolphins, praised Cuba’s literacy rate and education system under Castro, while again condemning what he believes is oppression throughout America.

Kaepernick’s verbal exchange with a Miami Herald reporter began when the 49ers quarterback got asked about a T-shirt he wore this earlier season with Castro’s image on it.

Here is how the dialogue ensued:

Kaepernick: “I wore a Malcolm X shirt. I am a believer in Malcolm X and his ideology and what he talks about and believes in as far as fighting oppression …”

Reporter: “Are you a believer in Fidel Castro who was on that shirt?”

Kaepernick: “If you let me finish, please. The fact that he met with Fidel, to me, speaks to his open mind to be willing to hear different aspects of people’s views and ultimately being able to create his own views as far the best way to approach different situations and different cultures.”

Reporter: “So it’s good to have an open mind about Fidel Castro and his oppression?”

Kaepernick: “I’m not talking about Fidel Castro and his oppression. I’m talking about Malcolm X and what he’s done for people.”

Reporter: “I realize what I’m talking about is uncomfortable.”

Kaepernick: “One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we’re fully capable of doing that.”

Reporter: “He also did something we do not do here: he broke up families, he took over a country without any justice and without any election.”

Kaepernick: “Uh, we do break up families here. That’s what mass incarceration is. That was the foundation of slavery. So our country has been based on that, as well as the genocide of Native Americans.”

Reporter: “Are you equating the breaking up of Cuban families with people going to jail in the United States of America?”

Kaepernick: “I’m equating the breaking up of families with the breaking up of families.”

Reporter: “Wow. That’s amazing.”

Kaepernick has boycotted the national anthem during games for nearly three months to spark a conversation about America’s racial inequality and police misconduct. He has spent time talking about those topics with inner-city youth, and he’s in the process of doling out $1 million to grass-roots organizations as part of a community outreach effort.

Kaepernick has served as the 49ers player representative on conference calls with opposing media in 5 of 6 weeks since reclaiming his starting job.

Also on Wednesday’s call with Miami reporters, Kaepernick defended the generalized accusation that his off-field actions are resulting in lower television ratings. Kaepernick’s response: “They’re not watching football because of my stance about fighting systematic oppression and wanting the same equality and freedom for all people?

“I would say they probably need to look in the mirror at what they value,” Kaepernick continued. “You know, if they’re OK with people being treated unfairly, being abused, being harassed, being terrorized, then the problem is more with what they’re doing in their lives than it is about watching football games.”
Wanna try for 1 and 10 you sorry excuse for a q-back?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

Gob

Post by Gob »

Joe Guy wrote:Image

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

dales

Post by dales »

49ers set franchise record with 10th straight loss

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

49ers: Snow, they didn’t — and a new low in 26-6 loss in Chicago

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

49ers drop to 1-12 with overtime loss to Jets

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Well, that still leaves them one victory ahead of the Browns...
Browns-Bengals Final Score: Cleveland falls to 0-13 with 23-10 loss
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Lord Jim wrote:Well, that still leaves them one victory ahead of the Browns...
Our team is striving for perfection.....
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Lord Jim wrote:Well, that still leaves them one victory ahead of the Browns...
Our team is striving for perfection.....
2008 Detroit Lions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0/16
1982 Baltimore Colts . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0/8/1 (strike-shortened season)
1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers . . . . . . . . . 0/14 (expansion team; initial season)
1960 Dallas Cowboys . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0/11/1 (expansion team; initial season)

And they can't let Detroit be the only established team to go winless in a full season.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

49ers’ beat-up defense overwhelmed in loss to Falcons

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Browns lose to Buffalo, 33-13, giving them an 0-14 record.
Only two more to go — 12/24 at home vs. San Diego, who are 5-9 on the season and quite frankly Cleveland's last chance to salvage a win; and then New Year's Day at Pittsburgh (9-5).
-"BB"-

dales

Post by dales »

Kaepernick rallies 49ers to second win of season

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Sunuvagun.  The Browns managed to avoid ignominy by squeaking past the Chargers.
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

SF did the Browns a favour there. Mighty, Mighty, Cleveland Browns!
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts