Why teachers quit.

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Sean

Re: Why teachers quit.

Post by Sean »

dales wrote:Summers off and not working a traditional 9 to 5 job would be considered "part-time".
You think?

Go look up 'class contact' and see if you can find out what percentage of a teacher's work happens outside the classroom. It shits me to tears that people express this horseshit without having the first clue what they are talking about...

Have you ever heard of a lesson plan? A scheme of work? Exam setting and marking? Do you think that teachers just walk into a classroom without any kind of prep and leave without any kind of follow-up?

Okay, so I did bite... ;)
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Evidence from the annual survey of teachers' workloads conducted by the School Teachers' Review Body (STRB) and the survey of members undertaken by ATL demonstrate that teachers still work in excess of 50 hours per week. ATL's survey of members' working hours showed that full-time teachers worked an average of 51 hours 30 minutes per week.

http://www.atl.org.uk/policy-and-campai ... g-time.asp
In the week prior to census night 2001, 35% of Australian teachers had worked between 40 and 49 hours, and 19% had worked more than 50 hours. Male teachers tended to work longer hours than female teachers, with 25% reporting that they worked 50 hours or more in the preceding week, compared with 17% of female teachers.

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf ... enDocument
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sean

Post by Sean »

The main difference between teaching and a 9-5 job is that there is no clock to punch. You keep working until your work is done!
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?