No thanks

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Long Run

No thanks

Post by Long Run »

Who is up for this? (I'll have drink and watch)

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: No thanks

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Try it, you'll like it....

Great video.  I love how the coaster plateaus and turns to the right before plunging down, so that as riders go up the first lift they get a clear view of the scream-inducing, 85 mph, 245-foot, 90-degree drop (yeah, you read that right — straight down!) that's coming.
But I'm being cheated out of the G-forces.  So gimme the release, and show me where to sign!!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I wonder what those stairs on the side are for? Are they there in case you'd prefer to jump?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:I wonder what those stairs on the side are for? Are they there in case you'd prefer to jump?
This ain't like a car where you wait until the idiot light comes on to take care of things.  Somebody has to inspect and maintain that 'hold-and-release' mechanism daily, and that's how they get out there to do it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

No thanks

Post by RayThom »

This is my kind of thrill ride. All my life I've been looking for similar rides that will make me puke. I have yet to find it.

I was taught to fly by a crop dusting pilot, and CFI. He tried his damnedest to make me woozy on occasion -- his stalls were magnificent -- but always without success, and wanting more.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

dales

Post by dales »

Yes, no thanks.

I don't like heights and roller coasters of any type are not my idea of fun.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I think roller coasters are fantastic and I’ve ridden a few really good ones over the years, too. I would ride this one, given the opportunity. Looks like a hella good time! :ok :mrgreen:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

rubato

Post by rubato »

After the '89 quake, when my house was destroyed with me in it, I am off vomit-inducing thrill rides and scary movies. When that lever in your brain gets thrown ALL the way on, it does not go back.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

rubato wrote:After the '89 quake, when my house was destroyed with me in it,
***says nothing***

I'd like a go on that ride...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”