"Please don't talk about me when I'm gone ..."

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
rubato

Post by rubato »

I can't quite honor that request.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/30/72831525 ... a-has-died

A timeless artist has passed over.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I liked Leon Redbone much the same way as I like Tom Waits -- unwavering and Inexorably different.

I saw Redbone at a small venue theater near Lehigh University some time in the late '90. He always seemed to be having a good time while playing, confident and unfazed by the fact that his music never quite went mainstream.

A wonderful entertainer has passed. RIP, Leon.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Re: "Please don't talk about me when I'm gone ..."

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I hear the ghost of the St Louis Blues.

One of the all time greats.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Re: "Please don't talk about me when I'm gone ..."

Post by Burning Petard »

I am not a drinker. Once in Newark Delaware there was a popular bar/music venue called 'The Stone Baloon' on Main Street. It had lots of big name musicians appear there, for a significant cover charge. Once Dr. Jil Biden, eventual spouse of a now formerVeep, worked there as a server.

I paid the price of admission and sat at the Bar for three hours (drinking club soda and reading a paperback book, without dirty looks from staff) waiting for the appearance of Leon Redbone. He finally was there with careful lighting that obscured his face. The music was wonderful and worth the wait.

snailgate