Happiest Place on Earth

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Long Run

Happiest Place on Earth

Post by Long Run »

Something about Toon Town, though.

Joe Guy

Re: Happiest Place on Earth

Post by Joe Guy »

It's a fat world after all....It's a fat fat fat fat world....

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Security was definitely lax on this.
Maybe there is some truth to that old line the gun-rights people keep trotting out .... "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

And as an aside, this is in a place where they do not serve alcohol... so it wasn't because one or more of them were liquored up.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I thought the same thing about security taking so long to get there. The guy in the red/pink shirt with the man-bun is the only one out of control, a few are defending themselves or others from him, and most people are trying to calm things down. While there are a couple of places that serve alcohol in the aprk, it is not prevalent, so it is likely that the main hell-raiser was either on something or needs to be on something.

RayThom

Happiest Place on Earth

Post by RayThom »

Once I read it was UFC day at the Tragic Kingdom in Dismaland this vid made sense.

Later, three kids jumped on Big Mama thinking she was a new ride.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

rubato

Post by rubato »

snort!

"tragic kingdom"

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

More from the Happiest Place:
Mom's Angry Rant About Childless Adults at Disney World Sparks Fiery Internet Debate
By Andrea Romano July 29, 2019

In case you haven’t noticed, there seems to be a rift between two types of people at Disney World: People with children, and people (specifically, young people) without.

According to USA Today, Twitter user @JenKatWrites posted a Facebook post from a mom (with her name redacted) who was apparently livid about Millennials making Disney World extra frustrating for her.

Warning: some very, very strong language is used in this post.

The post, full of capitalized sentences and expletives sparked a debate online with many people (with and without children alike) running to the defense of these supposed “immature,” childless Millennials sucking all the fun out of Disney World for parents and kids.

The Facebook poster wrote, "They have NO idea the JOY and HAPPINESS it is to MOTHER WHO BUYS THEIR BABIES TREATS AND TOYS!!!! THEY WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE THE EXHAUSTION THAT IT IS TO CHASE A 3 YEAR OLD AROUND AND GETTING STARES AT ASSUMING IM A BAD MOTHER!!!!”

The Facebook poster describes a situation she had while waiting in line for pretzels behind a young woman wearing shorts. Because the line was longer than the mom was willing to wait for, the Facebook poster told her son that they couldn’t get pretzels, which understandably upset the boy. The Facebook poster then blames the young woman in shorts for the situation.

“THANKS B***H YOU MADE MY SON CRY!!!” the Facebook poster wrote. “DW is for CHILDREN!!!! People without children need to be BANNED!!!! Mothers with children should be allowed to skip ALL THE LINE!!!!”

more at https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-i ... VdENqmRhYE

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I think she possibly has other issues.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

She's probably still ticked off that Dizzy World banned her SUV-sized child stroller.
Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland have implemented updates to their stroller policies, which took effect on May 1, 2019.

The new regulations prohibit strollers larger than 31 inches wide and 52 inches long, and ban stroller wagons altogether.
(from people.com; dated 3/28/2019)

So if they WERE to ban everyone but mothers with children (not bloody likely; The House of the Mouse is interested in only one thing and it has pictures of dead presidents or founding fathers on it), who decides just WHICH mother with her children gets to skip to the head of the line?

Not only that, I can quickly envision someone setting up a 'rent-a-kid' concession just outside of the park so over-privileged, childless people would still be able to game the system.
-"BB"
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

who decides just WHICH mother with her children gets to skip to the head of the line?
Went to the original Disneyland and one of our group was on crutches so they gave her a wheelchair. Since that park was not built ADA compliant, our whole party skipped to the front of the line (you enter through the exit). There's your skip ahead, and all's it takes is a nasty accident and/or surgery. ;)

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

You can pay to skip ahead already - through the VIP Tour Services program. So whiney mommy - just show them the Benjamins.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Not only that, I can quickly envision someone setting up a 'rent-a-kid' concession just outside of the park so over-privileged, childless people would still be able to game the system.
Interesting, I often thought of trying to set something like this up in Florida, pairing wheel chair bound seniors with large groups of people who wanted to go to the front of the line after I saw a similar thing so many times--grandma or grandpa was in a wheel chair (and often didn't look like (s)he wanted to be there) was there with 10-15 or so family members (who for the most part didn't pay much attention to him/her) and they all went to the front of the line. Sad to say, I thought that's the only reason grandma/grandpa was there (and I really didn't think they wanted to ride Space Mountain or the Flume ride).

But in later years (my kids loved Disney when they were young), it seems the Park officialsy caught on; grandpa/ma was wheeled in through the exit while the rest of the family waited in line and they all rode together. Maybe someone started this business and they moved to shut it down?

It's been a lot of years since I've been to any Disney park, so I don't know what they do now.

Guin--is the tour program something for the entire day, or just a few hours?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The same wheeze should be employed at airports. If you can get 'em to accept you need assistance, they give you chauffered rides to the gates and get you through customs and immigration through the "skip the moms with kids" door.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I guess that depends on the airport; I have seen people in wheelchairs waiting in the same long immigration and customs lines as everyone else, and I've also seen them sped through and brought up to the front.

It's kind of like using a luggage handler--in some airports they bring you right to the head of the check in line (especially those where you take the checked luggage and bring it to another area.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

That woman is an ignorant ____ and it's a sad thing that she's raising members of another generation of ignorant _____.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God