Rugby World Cup

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
ex-khobar Andy

Rugby World Cup

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And with 20 minutes to go it's England 31, USA 0. There's time yet, so don't be disheartened chaps.

Long Run

Re: Rugby World Cup

Post by Long Run »

If I don't post this, you might not get a response. Rugby is a great sport, but that's how much we care.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

The only Rugby most people in America know anything about is Eleanor.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I managed to find another story of equal importance to the OP:
Dylan Barbour Claims Fiancee Hannah Godwin’s ‘Entire Personality’ Was ‘Cut’ by ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Producers

By Dory Jackson
September 26, 2019

Say what? Though Dylan Barbour and Hannah Godwin happily left Paradise engaged, the social media influencer’s fiancé admitted he wasn’t fully satisfied with how Bachelor in Paradise producers portrayed her.

Speaking with Glamour for a couple’s interview, Barbour claimed that the summer spinoff “cut out” Godwin’s “entire personality.”

“I’ve said it before, but I feel like a lot of people think Hannah is one person, but she’s the complete opposite,” Barbour, 25, told the magazine on Thursday, September 26. “She’s hilarious, sassy, really smart, really driven. I didn’t know what to expect, and when I got there she just blew me away.”
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainmen ... rsonality/
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

exkA, don't worry. It's a real world game against real world teams. USians don't enjoy competing against the world; that's why they invent sports, play at home and call themselves champions of 'em.

Or they find one that no one cares about and become best at it.

Mind, I'd like to hear more about Hannah blew Dylan away.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Lord Jim wrote: Speaking with Glamour for a couple’s interview, Barbour claimed that the summer spinoff “cut out” Godwin’s “entire personality.”
/
Thanks for the update, Jim - it's been bugging me for weeks and I must have missed that story. Where would I be without you to keep me current on things?

And absolutely, Meade. The 'World Series' has bothered me since I came to the US (other events have submerged that distress although, IIRC, the Blue Jays got there a couple of times so it's getting closer. They could learn from the Little League World Series.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:exkA, don't worry. It's a real world game against real world teams. USians don't enjoy competing against the world; that's why they invent sports, play at home and call themselves champions of 'em.

Or they find one that no one cares about and become best at it.

Mind, I'd like to hear more about Hannah blew Dylan away.
I don't know, I think a lot more people worldwide play basketball than rugby, and rugby is pretty much limited to former British empire countries (ditto for cricket).

And Andy, the world series is a bit of a misnomer until one considers that not all the players in major league baseball are Americans, there are amny nationalities represented. One need not have a competition among countries to claim to be world champions, only to have the best players compete for that title. And, of course, the best players will play in the best league that pays the most, wherever it is located; MLB is in the US.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Of course, it was called the "World Series" long before there was any diversity in MLB.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I don't recall the history of baseball well, but in Ken Burns' dcumentary on it, it seems like there were always hispanics and native amercians (like Jim Thorpe) in professional baseball--only blacks were barred from the white major leagues. True, most probably came from the US, but that is likely because on the US played baseball--it was exported to the western Pacific, Asia, and South America, mainly because of WW2.

However, even in the early days when it was mostly white Americans, calling it the World Series wasn't inappropriate, because these were the only places playing baseball (yes, the Brits played rounders, but that is as much baseball as rugby is American football--they are different games). British sports were played throughout the empire, but calling them foreign countries made as much sense as calling the territory of Arizona a foreign country at the time.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Wales beat Australia in their group match. This came on top of England winning the cricket world cup, and the Ashes being drawn..... Home life was a little tense to say the least.

I have our campervan for a spare bed when needed.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”