Isn't that his job?

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
ex-khobar Andy

Isn't that his job?

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

According to CNN:
Matthew Slater of the New England Patriots scored the first touchdown of his 12-year career with the NFL on Sunday.

The wide receiver made the touchdown during the Patriots' game against the Buffalo Bills.
I don't know much about football, but for a wide receiver to score zero TDs in 12 years sounds to me that he's either shockingly bad at his job or his QB just doesn't trust him. And he's the team captain?

And yes I know they've won a Superbowl or two.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Isn't that his job?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well, yeah but no. He's a special teams captain (and a good one too). Drafted as a receiver, he's not played in that slot very often because they have other (better) receivers. He's only ever caught one pass and maybe ran for some yards on another. He found his niche early on and filled/fills his role very well.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I thank my lucky stars every late summer - midwinter that I avoided the fate of being forced to watch football every year of the past 3 decades. I haven’t intentionally watched a football game since I left home at 17; I’ve had to tolerate the spectacle of violence and ass grabbing in bits and pieces while spending time with likable people who indulge the bloodlust sport, but I otherwise avoid it as much as possible. Our society will be much better off when the reality of CTE brings an end to the so-called sport.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Isn't that his job?

Post by RayThom »

In my golden sot years it was impossible for me to avoid watching football -- all sports in general -- in any and all of the fine drinking establishments I haunted.

Since I went clean and sober way back on November 15, 1981 I have not seen one NFL or NCAA football ball game in its entirety -- Stuper Bowls included.

It's only sports -- I'm pretty sure I haven't missed much.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

After several seasons of uneven play, this year the Redskins have achieved a remarkable level of consistency...

They are now equally inept both at home and on the road... :? :roll:
ImageImageImage

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Lord Jim wrote: They are now equally inept both at home and on the road... :? :roll:
The Cowboys aren't as good as their fans thought. So there's that.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I pity the poor Ravens fans
Who thought they'd win at home
Who fill their mouths with laughing
Until Cleveland :shrug brought them down
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I hate football. HATE IT. but this is funny, I don't care who you are.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Can you imagine, even for just for a minute, if two players (not these two; Beckham now plays for Cleveland) actually DID choreograph a touchdown celebration like that?  Sure it would be a 15 yard penalty for excessive celebration, but it would be well worth it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Would have been better if he missed Beckham on the lift and they began fighting over it (especially if Beckham broke his unbelievably overpriced swatch replica); more true to form for Beckham.

RayThom

Isn't that his job?

Post by RayThom »

How touching. I get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I see a proof positive video of our national heroes, although mean and hard on the outside, are so sweet and soft on the inside.

The world is a better place for them.

God bless the NFL.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Today the 0-5 'Skins face off against the 0-4 Miami Dolphins in The Draft Pick Bowl... :(

Oh well, at least the Nats are kickin' some ass...
ImageImageImage