How 'bout them Nats!

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Lord Jim

Re: How 'bout them Nats!

Post by Lord Jim »

You're talking about that game where the guys wear those adorable little short shorts and do the group hug thing, right?
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Inglaterra 12 RSA 18

59 minutes in. All penalties so far which is a bit disappointing. I'd get a beer from the fridge but it's 6:29 AM. Seems all wrong.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Lord Jim wrote:You're talking about that game where the guys wear those adorable little short shorts and do the group hug thing, right?
Good morning LJ. You watching it? I have it on Universo which is 192 where I am.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Inglaterra 12 RSA 25

RSA try which even the Spanish commentators seem to think was a 'forward pass.' French referee Jérôme Garcès is giving us nothing. Those guys still haven't forgiven us for the Hundred Years War.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Inglaterra 12 RSA 32 at full time. They deserved it.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Meade's hairy pub mates are probably going on a tear...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:RSA try which even the Spanish commentators seem to think was a 'forward pass.' French referee Jérôme Garcès is giving us nothing. Those guys still haven't forgiven us for the Hundred Years War.
Even my hairy Boer pals thought it was forward. . . but aside from that, England played as if their game plan was to lose. And what a splendid job they did of it. To lose the track. No time, Toulouse.

Ach, LJ - it started at 11 a.m. here. Too early to drink. Much. Especially with all ons vrouens present. My English flag, English scarf and English hat were objects of mockery.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

The better side won.

(But it was forward.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Class act, this guy:
Washington Nationals’ pitcher Sean Doolittle will not join his fellow teammates Monday for an official White House visit honoring the new World Series champions, saying Friday that he “just can’t go” because of Trump’s “divisive rhetoric.”

The Nationals bested the Houston Astros Wednesday night in a tense Game 7 to earn the franchise’s first-ever World Series title. The White House, keeping up with tradition, invited the team for an official visit with the President on Monday.

But on Friday, in an interview with the Washington Post, pitcher Sean Doolittle announced that he would be declining the invitation, arguing that meeting with Trump would compromise many of his beliefs.

“There’s a lot of things, policies that I disagree with, but at the end of the day, it has more to do with the divisive rhetoric and the enabling of conspiracy theories and widening the divide in this country,’ he told the paper.

“My wife and I stand for inclusion and acceptance, and we’ve done work with refugees, people that come from, you know, the ‘s---hole countries.’”

Doolittle continued to say that he feels “very strongly about his [Trump] issues on race relations” and his relationship with the LGBTQ community, adding that he doesn’t want to “turn my back” on his in-laws.

Doolittle's wife, Eireann Dolan, “has two mothers who are very involved with the LGBTQ community,” according to the Post.

Doolittle also cited having an autistic family member as another reason why he declined meeting with Trump.

“I have a brother-in-law who has autism, and [Trump] is a guy that mocked a disabled reporter. How would I explain that to him that I hung out with somebody who mocked the way that he talked, or the way that he moves his hands? I can’t get past that stuff.”

Doolittle said that despite wanting to celebrate such an enormous accomplishment with his team, “I just can’t do it.”

It’s not clear if other players will join the pitcher but Doolittle says he respects the decision of those who choose to go and that by sitting out, he won’t be a distraction for those who really want to be there.

Doolittle has seen pushback over his decision not to go - many people argue it's about the office, not the man - but he disagrees.

“People say you should go because it’s about respecting the office of the president and I think over the course of his time in office he’s done a lot of things that maybe don’t respect the office.”

He continued: “I don’t want to hang out with somebody who talks like that.”
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

That's cruel, Meade.
FUNNY, yes...   but still heartless.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?