There's only one word for that; good arrows!

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

There's only one word for that; good arrows!

Post by Gob »

Fallon Sherrock has said she is overwhelmed by the “incredible” response to her historic victories at the PDC World Darts Championship, as Billie Jean King led a wave of congratulations from across the globe.

Sherrock became the first woman to defeat a male darts player in the sport’s best-known competition last week and repeated the feat by beating one of the world’s top-ranked players on Saturday.

The 25-year-old, who only took up the sport when she was 17 after ditching her career as a professional hairdresser, said she was struggling to grasp the wave of adulation coming her way.

“It hasn’t all sunk in yet,” she told BBC Radio 5 Live on Sunday. “I haven’t had time to process the first game let alone this game. Then the fact that all these people are tweeting me, especially Billie Jean King. Oh my god, I never thought someone like that would be contacting me or congratulating me or anything like that.

“I mean, this is me. I’m just a normal person. This stuff doesn’t happen to me, but it’s incredible and I’m loving it.”

King, the former world No 1 tennis player, posted her congratulations on Twitter along with the hashtag “#Gamechanger”. Television presenters Gabby Logan, Jacqui Oatley and Piers Morgan were also among those paying tribute to the Milton Keynes-born star.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... -jean-king
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: There's only one word for that; good arrows!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Not to take anything away from her accomplishment(s), but let's put this into perspective.

As an unranked player, she won a preliminary match against an also-unranked male opponent.  She won a second-round match against a second male opponent, Mensur Suljovic (ranked 11th best in the world), leaving her as one of 32 shooters still standing and advancing into the third round of single-elimination play (the equivalent of the "Round of 32" in the NCAA basketball tourney), where she will meet 22-ranked Chris Dobey of Bedlington, Northumberland, England on the day after Boxing Day (December 27th).

Obviously she is no slouch at the game and apparently has ice water in her veins — there's a reason that it's her there and not me in the first place :lol: — and kudos to her for making it this far, but she still has a tough row to hoe.  There are five more matches she will have to win before she dons the mantle as World Champion.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?