Kobe Bryant

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
RayThom

Kobe Bryant

Post by RayThom »

Was he on the road to perdition or redemption?

What happened with Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault case
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... sault-case

For over a decade he seemed to be involved with good works, and maybe even having remorse for his vile past actions. But does a leopard change it's spots, or was his pious behavior all a show to get the law off his ass?

Did the young woman he raped at the Colorado hotel ever fully recover, or was her court settlement merely a "wonderful parting gift" with an NDA attached? To me, he seemed to have gotten off very cheap.

And now the world praises him as they mourn his loss.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Re: Kobe Bryant

Post by BoSoxGal »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!!

I’ve been choking down vomit for the past day over the fawning posts on Facebook and all the outpouring in the media over this rapist of teenagers. Who by the way, was so fucking vain he put his own beloved teenaged daughter and two other teenaged girls at risk of death entirely unnecessarily because he had to fly in on his shiny helicopter in weather so bad most other similar aircraft was grounded, instead of just settling for arriving in a chauffeured SUV. It makes me very angry when adults risk their children’s lives over such vanity.

Kobe’s just another entitled athlete celebrity who never deserved to make such a fortune in the first place - benefitting from a screwed up society that puts sexual predators, domestic abusers, animal abusers, and drug addicts on pedestals paying them outrageous fortunes because they’re good at a stupid game - while teachers and social workers and medical workers and research scientists and writers and artists who actually better the human condition are paid peanuts by comparison and hardly recognized or respected.

The older I get, the more I’ve lived, the more the cult of sport disgusts me.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The older I get, the more I’ve lived, the more the cult of sport disgusts me.
I agree but would broaden it to the cult of celebrity, to bring in those in the "entertainment" and political fields, who can also be quite despicable. What they are paid may be justified on the basis of supply and demand, but why people idolize them completely escapes me. But we see it again and again, like with our current president.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Can anyone here guess how the authorities figured out that Kobe Bryant had dandruff?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:Can anyone here guess how the authorities figured out that Kobe Bryant had dandruff?
I knew you would not wait long to break your old depth record. For the record, do tell.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

They found his head & shoulders near the wreckage.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:They found his head & shoulders near the wreckage.
That's in really poor taste but you have not set a new record. Keep trying.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Darn! I thought it was a slam dunk.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:Darn! I thought it was a slam dunk.
It was foul, but not enough. Back when the Challenger disaster took place, long before the dawn of the interwebz, there was a horrible joke about Christa McAuliffe's eyes, I think it was what color they were, blue because one blew left and one blue right Kobe is not as sympathetic to many, so it won't matter how dark your jokes are, they will not score a record. Use the Christa joke as a future templet for your poor taste jokes. You can learn a lot from a teacher.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:.....Use the Christa joke as a future templet for your poor taste jokes. You can learn a lot from a teacher.
(chuckle) Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'll have to wait for someone more likeable to die a horrible death.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There are 21 stories about Kobe Bryant’s death on the Daily Mail website at present - all before even one mention of the airplane crash in Afghanistan that killed an equal number of people who just happened to be cannon fodder soldiers and thus not worth a big story.

I’m so sick of this KB crap, I’m ready for Meghan Markle’s return. C’mon Meghan, stir some shit! At least comment on Kobe’s tragical passing!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Kobe Bryant

Post by RayThom »

Here lies Kobe Bryant...

... and over there...

... and over there...

Rest In Piece.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Pieces! Get it right, will ya! :nana
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:Kobe’s just another entitled athlete celebrity who never deserved to make such a fortune in the first place - benefiting from a screwed up society that puts sexual predators, domestic abusers, animal abusers, and drug addicts on pedestals paying them outrageous fortunes because they’re good at a stupid game
I don't disagree with the sentiment but often the order is: good at a stupid game; get paid a lot (not for the game so much as for the endorsements); become a . . . (your choice of character defect goes here).

If you've not seen it, the 30/30 film by Dan Marks, Jon Weinbach entitled "Sole Man" is a disturbingly brilliant saga of how one man (Sonny Vaccaro) parlayed an outlandish idea into Nike's dominance of the shoe-biz. Highly recommended as a sidelight (even a stage-light) on how the process works. The subversion of kids - long before they are sexual predators etc. - is big big money. Yes, Kobe's very much in it, as is Vaccaro's failure to get LeBron, losing out to his former outfit Nike, and subsequent turnaround on behalf of exploited college athletes (if one can believe it)

BTW, the 30/30 series by ESPN is the bomb - best sports documentaries ever. Particularly fond of "Best of Enemies" Lakers vs. Celtics in the 80s.

Carry on.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That Head and Shoulders joke was recycled from the same about Vic Morrow (remember Combat?) when he died in a helicopter crash (OK, it crashed on him, he wasn't in it).

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The first time I heard the Head & Shoulders joke was about the girl at the start of JAWS.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

I can t remember if it was the greaseman 0r Imus, but 0ne 0f them called an airline and wanted a ticket straight t0 the b0ttm 0f the P0t0mac...

...live, 0n air.....

wesw

Post by wesw »

salaam alakum

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Shalom, wes. Do you feel better now?