It's My Culture!

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Big RR

Re: It's My Culture!

Post by Big RR »

As I recall, we also had to wear shoes and socks--no sneakers (we only had the canvas ones then, and no sandles, etc.). When I was in the early grades (through about third, again in public school in NYC) we had to wear ties--that stopped around 4th grade because (I surmised) many of us wore string ties with metal tips, and used to fight with them to and from school. I never recall a tie requirement in NJ public schools.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Bicycle Bill wrote:certain nuns there like Sister Immaculata (and yes, that was the name she chose/was given when she took her vows!) definitely did the 'kneeling test' for length.
At our school it was Sister Conception, and she made the girls stand at the top of a staircase with her at the bottom making sure she couldn't see too far up their kilts. And they were forbidden to wear patent leather shoes so boys couldn't see the reflection of their underwear.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:At our school it was Sister Conception, and she made the girls stand at the top of a staircase with her at the bottom making sure she couldn't see too far up their kilts. And they were forbidden to wear patent leather shoes so boys couldn't see the reflection of their underwear.
I don't think any of us guys were ever as horny as those nuns THOUGHT we were.  And if we had been — WOW!  Not even the crack of dawn would have been safe.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

rubato wrote:As someone who has had long hair since 9th grade only pussy bitches allow themselves to be governed by arbitrary and stupid rules. If you can't stand up to bullshit tyyrany at 16 you will be saying Yas Bahss to fucking Nazis at 25. Only slavish authority addicts kiss ass to that.
Laughable, you are, and always have been, a chickenshit coward, Aspergers boy, we know you too well.
We're Americans goddamn it! Not British slaves.

yrs,
rubato

Oh dear, his history knowledge is as good as his sense of self...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”